Overheating problem

Options
Dzhaner
Dzhaner Member Posts: 3 New User
I have Predator 17 g5-793, normally it is around 60 degrees, but when I start World of Warcraft it becomes 90-93 degrees. I have coolboost active and I start max fan speed, but its the same, my fans run at 4650 rpm. Im starting to get worried a little so what should I do ? 

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    If the temperature is around 60C, when the system is idling(no applications running), then I suggest you to repaste the CPU and GPU with a good quality thermal paste or contact Acer.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Dzhaner
    Options
    ven98 said:
    If the temperature is around 60C, when the system is idling(no applications running), then I suggest you to repaste the CPU and GPU with a good quality thermal paste or contact Acer.
    Well, when there are no apps running it is 50-55, but that's still to high I guess, I'm gonna try to clean the dust with a vacuum cleaner first, then if that doesnt solve the problem, well, im gonna send it for repair i guess, thanks for the answer.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    I doubt cleaning the dust will help, but it doesn't hurt to try.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Abhinav777
    Abhinav777 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Got any fix??
  • Dzhaner
    Options
    Got any fix??
    Yes, I bought compressed air and cleaned the fans, thoroughly from behind and from below, literally dropped from 90-95 C. to 70 C.