Predator Helios micro stuttering

explosev
explosev Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

I have had my helios for about a year now and it started doing something odd. It stutters just enough to have the mouse get hung up and for videos audio to become distorted. I have tried everything under the sun to fix it.  I installed a fresh install of windows even to try to fix this. Its driving me crazy. Anyone have any ideas?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    >>>  I installed a fresh install of windows even to try to fix this>>>>
    Was this a Microsoft generic Win10 version or the ACER-factory Win10 version? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• explosev
    JackE said:
    Was this a Microsoft generic Win10 version or the ACER-factory Win10 version? Jack E/NJ 
    ACER factory version. would that make a difference?
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited March 2019
    explosev said:
    JackE said:
    ACER factory version. would that make a difference?
    Most people have such issues after build upgrades on Acer's factory Windows 10. After clean install, did you install the drivers from Support site? Also, try updating Intel HD Graphics by going to Device Manager and selecting 'Search automatically'.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • explosev
    Ive downloaded drivers and it still stuttered before and after, im starting to think this is a hardware issue.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    edited March 2019
    Have you tried installing the latest Intel graphics driver from Intel's website? You can try version 399.24 of the nvidia driver. Also make sure that you have the Nvidia GPU as preferred graphics processor from the nvidia control panel and windows set to high performance.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    explosev said:
    Ive downloaded drivers and it still stuttered before and after, im starting to think this is a hardware issue.
    What's the driver version of Intel HD graphics?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    explosev>>>ACER factory version. would that make a difference? >>>>

Yes. A full ACER factory-fresh reset using the ALT+F10 cold boot erase everything method, is probably the best way to rule in or rule out a hardware issue before any Win10 and any other updates are applied. If it still has the problem in a factory-fresh Windows state, then yes, it's likely a hardware issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ