How to select default graphic controller?

jomalig
jomalig Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire V5-571PG-53334G50MN-R Laptop.
It has 2 Graphic Controller. NVIDIA GeForce® 710M and another one by Intel.
By default my laptop is using that one from Intel and not the Nvidia.
How can I set it to Nvidia? I tried searching the net and followed the instructions in the nvidia control panel but didn't work.
My OS is windows 8.1 64 bit
All up to date drivers are installed. ( I downloaded the drivers from here, www.acer.com)

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning jomalig !

If your drivers are properly upgraded and the drive is checked on the Nvidia Dashboard, it will only be enabled in cases where the system needs more graphics processing power.

These instructions are controlled by the processor to prevent wear and overuse of power.

Anyway, for this, it is necessary that the Windwos power manager is marked for High Performance and your laptop must be connected directly to the power outlet.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• jomalig
    So you mean there is no chance that I can make the nvidia as the default graphic controller?
    Because even if I disable the Intel HD Graphics in the Device Manager, still the computer will not
    use the Nvidia. So sad.

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    You can set 710M to work on certain software in the Nvidia Control Panel, but disabling HD Graphics completely can cause performance loss and system errors.
    This is standard on any laptop system.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• jomalig
    I already did set nvidia to some softwares but did not work.
    Also, I have a certain online game wherein I can select which graphic controller to use but nvidia is not in the list.
    Although I set nvidia to this game in the nvidia control panel.