Cable FFC HDD for Swift SF314-56-74U7

Options
Ultinio
Ultinio Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi everyone,

I would like to add a SSD in the empty sata space (the original SSD is on the PCIe slot), and after some online research, I found different references for that cable, with a wide range of prices, and not sure which one is the right one, nor what are the differences between all of them.

The right cable seems to be the 50.GXKN1.005, but I also found the ref 450.0E70A.0001.
Please advise and tell me why there seems to be so many references for similar cables, and where to buy it.

Cheers

Best Answer

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    The specified part # is 450.0E70A.0011 . However, the only difference between this cable and  other compatible cables would be small differences in cable lengths that would not materially affect how well it fits inside the case. The end connectors would be identical because It is otherwise considered a standard 2.5" internal HDD or SSD FFC.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ultinio

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you Jack ! Though I still have some questions.
    Are you saying that any cable SATA to FFC have the same connectors ? is FFC a connector type ? If so, would it mean that any Sata-FFC cables are the same (regardless of the size) ? There are so many references, for many brands, and many prices...
    And last question, where would be the best place to buy it ? (I'm in Europe, Belgium, France, Poland or Denmark)
  • JackE
    Options
    FFC is not  a connector. It means a FlexibleFlatCable. It must be a standard SATA FFC for an internal 2.5" LAPTOP HDD/SSD.

You do not want a standard SATA FFC for an internal 3.5" DESKTOP HDD/SSD.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ultinio

Tinkerer

Options
    Thx Jack, I got that point about the 2.5".
    But my question was, can I buy any cable for it ? According to you, they are all compatible, but I'm wondering if a cable advertised for Lenovo or Asus will work the same, since they are SATA FFC for an internal 2.5" LAPTOP HDD/SSD.
  • JackE
    Options
    Yes, any FFC cable, any brand for an internal 2.5" SSD/HDD for a laptop. But it can't be too long that won't fit inside the case or too short that won't reach the mainboard connector from the drive bay. The 2.5" SSD/HDD here refers to the length of the drive itself, not the length of the FFC cable. These are very common FFC cables used in many different laptop brands for connecting a 2.5" HDD/SSD for a laptop. Only the lengths of the cables may be slightly different in different brands. Some may be longer but still fit inside the case. Some may be shorter but still reach the mainboard connector.  Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Ultinio

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you again for your help Jack.
    Though the cable length doesn't explain the price differences I see online...
    That's the reason why I was asking, in case some cables have the same connectors without having the same cable mapping.
    Cheers 
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Though the cable length doesn't explain the price differences I see online...>>>

The price difference usually has nothing to do with cable length inside computers.  It is mainly due to how much the buyers are willing to pay a seller in a particular region or country. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Ultinio

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok thank you, that's what I thought.
    Since you seem to have much information, can you tell me the difference between the 2 cables 50.GXKN1.005 and 450.0E70A.0001 ?
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry no. Just that they're both used in the SF314 series which includes about a dozen ACER models. I'd guess different cable manufacturers. The 450.0E70A.0001 is the one listed in the spec sheet for your model. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019
    Options
    According to the service manual, this cable is suitable for your model, see: https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/Original-para-Swift-3-HDD-FFC-SF314-SF314-54-SF314-54G-HDD-disco-r-gido-cabo/32951602186.html
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ultinio

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok thank you, I had found that one (thx Google), but is there only 1 website for this cable on the whole internet ?
    Because let's be honest, all other similar cables cost between 5 and $15, so I don't get why that one is $50...
    Any other links please ?
  • JackE
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    It's an ACER OEM part & number. That's why. As we've discussed before, this is a standard end connector flexible flat cable for an internal 2.5" laptop HDD/SSD that fits many different laptops. If it was mine, I'd buy the €17 cable from CentralPoint https://www.centralpoint.be/nl/niet-gecategoriseerd/acer/cable-ffc-hdd-art-50-gxkn1-005-num-7443111/   and be done with it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ultinio

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok thank you Jack, I will get one and keep you guys updated when I have more info and get it working.
  • StalkerReborn
    StalkerReborn Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi. I have SF315-52G model. I want to add HDD and SF314 ffc cable fit to SF315?
    JackE said:
    Sorry no. Just that they're both used in the SF314 series which includes about a dozen ACER models. I'd guess different cable manufacturers. The 450.0E70A.0001 is the one listed in the spec sheet for your model. Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    Your cable is listed as part # 50.GZCN5.005 . Google this part number. It seems to be more widely available for less than $20USD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ultinio

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    It's an ACER OEM part & number. That's why. As we've discussed before, this is a standard end connector flexible flat cable for an internal 2.5" laptop HDD/SSD that fits many different laptops. If it was mine, I'd buy the €17 cable from CentralPoint https://www.centralpoint.be/nl/niet-gecategoriseerd/acer/cable-ffc-hdd-art-50-gxkn1-005-num-7443111/   and be done with it. Jack E/NJ

I ordered that cable ref 50.GXKN1.005, it took a few weeks but finally arrived, right cable as JackE said. The reference on the package was 50.GXKN1.005 but the reference on the cable itself is 450.0E70A.0001, hence the confusion.
    It works well and the SSD is recognized and works fine.
    Thanks again for the info.

• JackE
    Options
    Thanks for the report. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Great my friend!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)