Chromebook ? MICROSOFT WORD and other MS apps incl OFFICE?

Options
TINAmbogyp
TINAmbogyp Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have been as patient as I can imagine being and I cant figure out why chromebook WILL NOT ALLOW my Word app to do anything, nothing like windows 10 allowed it to.  please help me understand how the SAME APP doesnt work the same on this laptop.  its aggravating and a waste of time  and I hate this laptop

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    @TINAmbogyp

generally all the chrome devices comes with alternate version of Office apps like Google docs for documents and google sheets for excel and google spreadsheet for presentation. Incase if you wish to use MSoffice itself then you can use office online or if your device is compatible with Android apps then you can download office app from playstore and make it work.

To check and find out whether your device supports Android or not, i request you to share the exact model number.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    A Chromebook by definition runs everything in the browser windows of Chrome. It doesn't have any support for running custom applications on the desktop like Windows does. That's one of the trade-offs to buying a Chromebook, and the low cost of the OS is the primary reason why Chromebooks are so much cheaper than Windows laptops. If the online versions of the Office apps don't run exactly the same as you expect from using Office on a Windows machine you are likely best off to contact Office 365 support and ask if they have any work-arounds for what's not working for you.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • patrickkelly
    patrickkelly Member Posts: 92 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    "A Chromebook by definition runs everything in the browser windows of Chrome."
    I am fairly new to chromebooks but I have a number of apps that run independent of the Chrome browser. Some, such as GMail, give me the option of running the web version in the browser or the Android app version outside the browser.  I haven't pursued it but I just received my Acer Spin 13 and got an email that said, among other things, that Office 365 was pre-installed. I haven't pursued it but that might mean simply a link to a free trial version or some sort on app.