Screen shut down but led light blinks and fan still working 3 or 34 minutes on acer swift 3

Options
JEWEL
JEWEL Member Posts: 59

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I shut down my acer swift 3 ryzen 5  Tye screen shows shut down with in 5   6 seconds but the indicator still on and the fan works about 3   4 minutes after shut down..

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,481 Trailblazer
    Options
    You either have not closed all programs that you opened and/or need to uninstall any non-Microsoft antivirus or antimalware scanners. Jack E/N

Jack E/NJ

• JEWEL

Tinkerer

Options
    I only use rge pre installed windows defender . And I also close all fbe programs . But the indicator lits up nearly 3 minutes. 
  • JackE
    edited March 2019
    Options
    What do you mean by 'rge' and 'fbe'? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JEWEL

Tinkerer

Options
    Oh sorry my typing mistake . I only use windows defender  . No third party anti virus.
  • JackE
    Options
    Before you shut down the next time, press the WINkey+Rkey. Enter 'taskmgr'. Take a screenshot of the applications and processes tabs to see what processes and apps are still running. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JEWEL

Tinkerer

Options
    This is the upper one

• JEWEL

Tinkerer

Options
    this is the first one
  • JEWEL

Tinkerer

Options
    second one
  • JackE
    Options
    Looks fine. Does the fan always take this long to shut down? Or sometimes does it shut down in less than a minute? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JEWEL

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes it's take 2 to 3 minutes to off the fan and light. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Do you mostly do heavy gaming? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JEWEL

Tinkerer

Options
    No I don't play a single game. I only use Web development and sometimes android development. But before the it's working fine. But after reinstalling Windows it's taking 2 to 3 minutes to off the fan and light. 
  • JackE
    Options
    >>> But after reinstalling Windows it's taking 2 to 3 minutes to off the fan and light.  >>>

Wait! I don't think you mentioned this before. (1) Why did you re-install Windows? (2) And was it Microsoft generic Windows or ACER specific Windows? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JEWEL

Tinkerer

Options
    I found the cause. Today I again reinstall windows . It's working fine . Booting up with in 20 sec and shut down before 10 sec. But when I installed the amd ryzen graphics drivers with auto detect tool from their site. The problem started again. So what should i do now? I lost my drive which was with my newly acer. How can I get those drivers for Offline mode so that I may neglect the auto detect tool. 
  • JEWEL

Tinkerer

Options
    Oh yeah! I install Radeon manually and all my problems are solved . Boot time is now 15 sec and shut down aslo 10 to 15 sec. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Good. Don't mess with it any more. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ