Acer VG240Y Input not supported

Options
enefem
enefem Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hello
I just bought a acer monitor like in the title. The problem is with bouncing "Input not supported" message. It's showing while PC bootup. From the post message to windows 10 welcome screen.
Monitor is connected via HDMI to RX 590.
Is it possible to fix it? If my system works well, i'm worry about uefi, where I would change something but my monitor does not show anything except "Input not supported".

Best Answer

• enefem
    Answer ✓
    Options
    in MSI Uefi there is a option called Windows 10 WHQL support. If enabled it's make POST to display in full HD + some other features. Disabling it make my monitor to works as expected wihout "Input no supported" message.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hello! What is the model of your desktop? Are you using which type of entry? HDMI, DVI, DP?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • enefem
    Options
    Hi, thanks for reply.

"What is the model of your desktop?"
    It's custom build with Ryzen 5 2600, MSI B450 A PRO, RX590.

"Are you using which type of entry? HDMI, DVI, DP?"
    Monitor is connected via HDMI. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    On bios, is the dedicated video card selected as the primary?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • enefem
    Options
    Disabling windows 10 WHQL Support helped. Thanks for helped me targeting of the issue.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you explain exactly how you solved the problem? Maybe it's interesting for another user!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• enefem
    Answer ✓
    Options
    in MSI Uefi there is a option called Windows 10 WHQL support. If enabled it's make POST to display in full HD + some other features. Disabling it make my monitor to works as expected wihout "Input no supported" message.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Great, my friend! Accept your own response to get the topic resolved! That way, other users will see this topic as a solution!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer