Aspire A715-72G just bought new, touchpad doesnt work

2»

Answers

• JonC25
    JonC25 Member Posts: 4 New User
    What is this version of uefi-bios? Press fn+f7?
    BIOS is v1.19. It looks like v1.26 is the most recent one. Should I download and install it?

I tried Fn + F7 but that did not work.
  • Have you tried resetting the battery? Have you checked if there are any drivers with device manager problems? About bios, I think it is only worth updating it yes.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JonC25
    JonC25 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Have you tried resetting the battery? Have you checked if there are any drivers with device manager problems? About bios, I think it is only worth updating it yes.
    I tried resetting the battery and updating all of the drivers. I even did a Windows reset. I called Acer Support last night and after general troubleshooting over the phone they said they think it could be a hardware issue--the touchpad itself. I am within warranty so they are having me send it in for repair.

This has to be a known defect with the Aspire 7 because there are a bunch of negative reviews on Amazon mentioning the exact same problem--touchpad didn't work right out of the box.

Thank you again for all of the help and quick responses!
  • It would be interesting if you tried to reinstall windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo and even updating the bios before sending it for repair. But updating the bios is a risky procedure.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)