Aspire A715-72G just bought new, touchpad doesnt work

MrWho01
MrWho01 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Just bought an A725-72G and it got here with the touchpad not working. I tried switching between basic and advanced in BIOS, i tried both the Elan and Synaptics drivers. One suggestion ive heard that havent veen able to try is using the windows 8.1 drivers because I can't find them.
Please help, thank you

Answers

• Hello! have you checked if there are any drivers with problems in the device manager? What is the bios version?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jumbo_1907
    Jumbo_1907 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I'm having the same issue with the same laptop @egydiocoelho . My bios version is V1.19
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019
    @ Jumbo_1907 Qual é o modelo exato do notebook? Exemplo an515-51-75kz!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jumbo_1907
    Jumbo_1907 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho Thanks for replying. aspire-7-a715-72g-75r
  • Is there a driver with device manager problems? What is the bios version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MrWho01
    *****, I forgot I'd posted this, I've been traveling  for work almost non-stop since I asked this questionb and haven't had time to sit down to really work on it.
    Thank you so much for the quick reply, hopefully you'll see my very late response.
    So, to finally answer your questions, yes there is a device with a problem in my device mangers. Under Human Interface Devices I2C HID Device 'cannot start'. I'm assuming this is the track pad.
    My bios version is 1.19
    I've tried multiple versions of multiple drivers, ELANTECH 13.6.10.2  plus a Synaptics 19.0.9.7 driver because it seemed unclear which touchpad I have in my system.
    I tried  uninstalling the device, I tried going into the bios setting the touchpad to basic mode and installing the driver, I tried everything I can think of it seems.
    New bios version maybe? Thats where I was heading. Or if anyone can send me a windows 8 64bit driver, that might work? I'm currently running windows 10 pro
  • Can you tell me the exact model of the notebook? Example A715-72G-79BH
    Also, have you tried resetting the internal battery?
    Can you tell the bios version and copy the idhardware of this i2c device that is having problems here?
    Imagem relacionada

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MrWho01
    Thank you so much, it is a A715-72G-79R9 and I'm attaching a screen shot below. I blacked out part of the the serial numbers, I feel like one of them could give away some info if let out onto the net and I wasn't sure on the camera you had a screen shot of, I have that one in my device manager so I stuck that in the shot, they are related?
    I'm gonna try the battery reset now. Thanks again.

• MrWho01
    edited April 2019
    Guess I'm gonna try updating the BIOS, nothing else has worked so far. Hell, if that doesn't work I'm gonna do a fresh install of windows I think :P

• MrWho01
    Well F*^#, I tried everything. Twice. Updated the firmware(not twice) too. Unfortunately I don't have a windows 10 disc or thumb drive ATM. Gonna see if I can downlaod it while I sleep. Ugh, I should have returned it, but I thought, "How hard could the trackpad driver be?!" It can be pretty god damned vexing.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MrWho01
    nope, no luck with that either. This is driving me crazy, not much of a laptop without a touchpad :P
  • I would like to know the error code that is shown in the i2c driver! Also, try uninstalling the i2c driver, and then restart the notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MrWho01
    Device ACPI\ELAN0511\1 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: hidi2c.inf
    Class Guid: {745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da}
    Service: hidi2c
    Lower Filters: 
    Upper Filters: mshidkmdf
    Problem: 0xA
    Problem Status: 0xC000009E

no luck so far.
    Did the built in windows fresh install. I need to get windows 10 on a flash drive, or find a windows 8.1 driver to try
    Thanks again for trying to help
  • I would like you to open regedit and find this key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Class \ {745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da}" Look for the subchaver lowerfilters and upperfilters here and delete these subkeys:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• faera
    faera Member Posts: 6 New User
    I have the exact same issue with the same model. Is there a solution for this?
  • JonC25
    JonC25 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Bump. I have the exact same issue as well. Brand new laptop just received yesterday. No mouse cursor upon first startup and touchpad didn't work. I managed to navigate through the Windows setup process using the keyboard thinking it was something simple I could fix post-setup, but to this point I've tried every piece of advice I could find on the internet to no avail. It is hard to determine if this is a hardware or software issue at the moment. I've already spent over 4 hours trying to resolve the problem on a brand new computer--very annoying and frustrating especially since I've been a big advocate of Acer products and this is the 4th one we've purchased in my household.

One other thing that is strange about it is under Settings, it only shows "Mouse" and there isn't any mention of "Touchpad" or "Mouse & Touchpad" as I've seen in some of the screenshots out there. I know that's related to the issue, but I still don't know if it's hardware or software (or both).

There are several mentions of this exact issue in the Amazon reviews for this product. I haven't contacted Acer Support yet, but I wanted to post here to see if anyone found a resolution.
  • Is there a function called touchpad in bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JonC25
    JonC25 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Is there a function called touchpad in bios?
    Thanks for the quick reply. There is a Touchpad function in the BIOS with the option of Advanced or Basic. I tried both settings and neither worked.

I was able to resolve the yellow exclamation point issue on the I2C in device manager,  which seemed like progress, but touchpad still isn't working. I downloaded the latest Intel I/O as well and installed it, but that also didn't resolve it. 
  • What is this version of uefi-bios? Press fn+f7?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer