regarding PH517-51-72NU and g-sync and optimus

Options
keith88250
keith88250 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
hi everyone, regarding Predator Helios 500 PH517-51-72NU
my understanding is there is no option to turn off g-sync and run on nvidia optimus. I see for example the Lenovo Y740 has an on / off switch for g-sync enabling the user to switch to optimus and therefore intergrated graphics when not gaming, thus lower battery use/power consumption.

has anyone figured out a way to do this in Predator Helios 500 
PH517-51-72NU? any work around? my understanding is this is not possible to do with this model but wondernig if anyone figured out a way to do it. Thanks in advance

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    I think the only way to unlock this option is to flash a modded BIOS. Whether this option exists on the modded BIOS, might depend on whether the original BIOS of Acer has this option at all, but just hidden. Usually most modded BIOSes have the hidden options in the advanced menu shown and if this option doesn't exist on the hidden advanced menu of the original BIOS, it most likely won't exist on the modded BIOS as well. 

Installing a BIOS that isn't provided by Acer voids the warranty, plus reflashing the BIOS has a risk of bricking the system, if the modded BIOS isn't done right.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!