Acer Chromebook R11 CB5-132T - Ca you use an active stylus with this and if so, which one?

MiltJ
MiltJ Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hello, I was wondering is anyone is please able to answer my query, my son has a Acer Chromebook R11 and has asked for a stylus so he can draw on it. Is this possible with this model and if so, which stylus should I buy?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I'm not 100% sure, but I do not think it's compatible with using a pen!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Hello! These are the models that support the active stylus pen, see: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42675/~/acer-products-that-support-an-active-stylus
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MiltJ
    Hello! These are the models that support the active stylus pen, see: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42675/~/acer-products-that-support-an-active-styl
    Thank you for this. The model of Chromebook my son owns is not on this list, does this mean that there are no compatible active styluses?

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MiltJ
    Thank you very much for your help.
  • You are welcome!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,433 Trailblazer
    However you probably can use an inexpensive passive-type stylus that's a bit more precise than your finger. Usually less than $10. Worth a try? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Do you think an unofficial pen will work jacke? If so, I think it's worth it to try your suggestion!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,433 Trailblazer
    egydiocoelho I use a passive no-name pen from the dollar store on my Android tablet. Works better and less mistakes than with my finger. :)   Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Great! I think its worth just trying your tip!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    There is also that stylus that uses a transparent flat tip that acts as a standard blunt tip type as well. The tip is wide enough to act as a finger, but the shaft holding it small enough to see where you are.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.