Acer nitro 5 (GPU issue after blue screen of death and reformat)

Options
cjd551
cjd551 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Okay, so after a long day of a random blue screen of death (wasn't even using the computer),
I was able to reformat (selected keep applications, etc) but still, it completely deleted everything like a normal reformat.
I have a 1050ti in which my computer IS recognizing, I think. It just isn't working, at all. Every game I open, even forcing it to open with the nvidia control panel, it doesn't work. Uses the integrated gpu instead. 
I'm up to date with windows, up to date with drivers, I'm lost. I also must say, what a huge disappointment when I called the customer support. Not only did he barely speak English, he could barely read the script on the computer infront of him. 
I'm scared that this is a hardware issue now. If it was, I was expect that maybe it's fried but at the same time, why? this computer is 3 months old, randomly gets a blue screen of death, reformat, and now my gpu is just not running anything I throw at it.
I know im being vague here, but if you ask me i'll let you know anything you need to know. nvidia doesn't show any games in nvidia experience like it used to, and when I use the nvidia control panel to launch games I have it set on NVIDIA high-performace gpu, instead of auto-detect.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hello! Did you put the notebook in high-performance power options?

Did you put the video card to start the program here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • cjd551
    Options
    I can't understand the picture as I only speak English, although the second picture, yes, I have my gpu set to run as nvidia graphics card. I'd like to know what the first picture is about.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You should put the desktop in high-performance power options, see: 

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • cjd551
    Options
    That has been done, yes. Thank you. This did not help the issue though, it has always been on that setting.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model of notebook? Example an515-51-75kz!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer