STUCK ON ACER SCREEN Aspire R3-131T

Options
Hhogan26
Hhogan26 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have a Acer Aspire R3-131T And Since the day I bought it I kept getting a pop up to update to windows 10 from 8.1. However each time i went to update it told me that I didn't have enough storage. So I tried to reset my settings back to factory to try it that way. But now I can only get the ACER screen. I've tried ALT+F10 and tried to navigate a multitude of options all with fail. Please someone help me!!!!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    It probably only needs temporary extra installation storage space in the form of a 16GB NTFS formatted sd card. You can try the ALT+F10 procedure again by making sure the system is completely turned off. Then turn it back and IMMEDIATELY press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 screen. Don't wait for the ACER logo screen to appear. Then try to reset it to a factory re-set(erase everything) or re-fresh(try to save personal files) state as shown in the video below. If it were my machine, I would stay with Win8.1 due to Microsoft's new and unimproved lifecycle policies in which every new major Win10 update can cause problems and have only 12-18month extended maintenance support. Win8.1 has this support till at least 2023. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hhogan26
    Options
    Every time I have tried doing these steps it stops about half way through and tells me that it couldn't complete. I have tried every option available under the F+10 menu to try and get back up and running 
  • Hhogan26
    Options
    I am afraid that in trying to clear up space I somehow managed to wipe completely everything including the initial programming that it came with.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try this. Shut the machine completely off again. Turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Go to the BIOS main tab and make sure D2D option is enabled. Then F10 to save settings and exit. Shut the machine off again. Then turn it back on and then again immediately press and hold the ALT key and tap the F10 key to enter the recovery screen again. if the recovery screen appears, then try to reset it again to a factory fresh state. If still no joy, then try it again only this time with a 16GB NTFS formatted SD card inserted. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ