Iconia one 10 b3-a50fhd manual check for update broke after system update, any patches or fixes?

Options
rshattler1108
rshattler1108 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Just got this Acer tablet a couple of months ago.  Recently I got a system update from Acer. Now when I go into settings and choose to check manually if there are any updates I get an error 0007 - Can't connect to the server error!  How can I fix this?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No real need to fix it, it likely just means someone mis-typed the server URL when setting up that update. You can always get the latest version from the support site, and they push updates pretty rarely. Eventually they'll notice and fix their DNS to include the bad URL and it'll start working again.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No real need to fix it, it likely just means someone mis-typed the server URL when setting up that update. You can always get the latest version from the support site, and they push updates pretty rarely. Eventually they'll notice and fix their DNS to include the bad URL and it'll start working again.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.