Acer S241HL - Monitor won't turn on until unplug and plug in again.

Options
exchaoordo
exchaoordo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I have a monitor that won't turn on. I have two monitors -- S241HL -- hooked to one desktop. After computer wakes up from sleep, one of the monitors is off -- not asleep but entirely off. I unplug and plug it and immediately plug it back in. I've tried swapping chargers (I have 3) to no avail. 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hello! What is the exact model of your computer and the version of windows? Example an515-51-75kz, windows 1803 or 1809! Have you updated the drivers and disabled fast satartup in the power options?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Tracy909
    Tracy909 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have this same problem running on an iMac 21.5 running Version 10.14.6 macOS Majave.  

Occasionally my Acer LCD Monitor Model S241HL loses its signal and quits.  This occurs when my iMac is waking up after being in sleep mode.  The ACER monitor just won't turn on by itself.  

To fix it I must disconnect both the power cable and the HDMI signal cable.  Then I must put the power cable in first then wait 10 seconds and then plug in the HDMI cable.  The monitor then recovers to its normal view.  

This only happens occasionally.  (Typically it happens every other day)..  Other times it wakes up simultaneously with my other monitors.

Is there a solution or a setting adjustment I can do to fix this permanently?  Or perhaps new drivers?

Who can you refer me to help me solve this problem permanently?

Thank you.

Stephen

PS Here are the details found on the back on the monitor:

Acer LCD Monitor 

Model S241HL

Version S241HL bmid 

Part number VM.FS1AA 001

Date manufactured July 2014 

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Ideally, you should create a new topic
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • kennyaj123
    kennyaj123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Having the exact same issue under the same circumstances with my S241HL, let me know if you found a solution!