Acer Aspire R 15 (NOT WORKING, ONLY 5 MONTHS OLD)

Options
EpitomeOfInfamy
EpitomeOfInfamy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

Today, I started having issues with my Acer laptop. I'll describe what happened in detail.

I was just typing when all of a sudden:
1) My keyboard stopped registering keypresses.
2) I clicked off the program and into Chrome, but keypresses wouldn't register there either.
3) I tried restarting my laptop, but after a second, the screen went black. It would not come back on.
4) The power button seems to have stopped working. I tried pressing it, and tried doing a full shut down by holding down the button, but neither would work.
5) Moving the mouse around didn't help to activate the screen either. I had attempted it just in case my computer didnt fully shut down (this whole time, the keyboard still has power and the fans are still on. Guessing it's in sleep mode.)
6) I tried waiting several hours and coming back to it and I'm still having the same problem.

It seems that something either internally, or software related is preventing the computer to register any input at all from the lower half of the laptop. I'm not sure how to fix this issue and was hoping that someone else would know of a fix.

My model number is: Acer Aspire R15 N16P2.

I appreciate any and all assistance.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Remove charger plug. On the bottom check for a small pinhole with a battery symbol. If it exists, gently press a paper clip into the hole for about 10 seconds to disconnect the battery. Let the battery rest for 15mins. Then plug the charger back in and try to fire it up again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ