icons missing from homescreen A3-A30 tablet

Bakersboy
Bakersboy Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hi - I have an Acer A3-A30 tablet and am having problems with missing shortcuts on the main home screen.

I was running low on space on this tablet so decided to move quite a few apps and games onto my SD card through my normal settings / apps screen.

The seemed to work and I recovered quite a bit of space back.

However, now I find that any time I reboot then any app I have moved has its shortcut missing off the homescreens - i.e. main homescreen as well as well as those accessed by swiping left or right

On checking the apps through the settings / apps screen again I have found that the moved apps have all got new names with the little green android robot as their icon.

However when I look at the main apps / widgets list the original icons are still there and still start the games ok.

So what I did try was to copy each of these missing icons back onto the homescreen and they all then worked ok as before.

BUT when I reboot the tablet the icons disappear again (!!!???)

So how can I get these icons to stay on the homescreen - I assume this is something to do with the fact that the apps have been renamed but I haven't a clue how to fix this.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    I'm afraid you are likely going to have to go to Google's support forums for that one. Their support for apps on the SD card isn't really well understood.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bakersboy
    Bakersboy Member Posts: 4 New User
    thanks billsey - this is obviously a sticky one so I will do that. I will leave this open in case anyone else responds.