acer et430k monitor, 4k resolution no longer work

Options
ace11
ace11 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
hello there, got a new acer et430k last week. working properly with 4k till today, when it suddenly does not have 4k anymore - highest resolution in display menu 1920/1080.  I have a Nvidia GTX1070 with 8Gb memory, and I have had 4k resolution for about a week till today.  Must be a setting somewhere, appreciate if anyone know how to fix the problem, thanks!

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Could be a cable problem, verify it's solid at both ends.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Could be a cable problem, verify it's solid at both ends.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ace11
    ace11 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    thanks billsey. you are right, it is the cable problem.  the two cables come with et430k are too short, so I used an old display/display cable but somehow it does not work.  switching back to the cables come with the monitor worked.  I went to micro center bought a new 10 ft 4k display/display cable (assured by the sales guy that it will work!), and it does not work either.  So I have another question:  What cables work for et430k?  what should I look for?
  • billsey
    Options
    Which port are you using? DP or HDMI? Does your model have two HDMI inputs?
  • Petje
    Petje Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had a 5K monitor (not Acer) once and the manual stated that a DisplayPort cable v1.4 must be used.
    I did not have any issues with that resolution and a 1.4 DisplayPort cable, so I did not test any other cables.
    I cannot be sure if a 1.4 cable would help with your issue.
    The 1.4 cables are a bit hard to find, I got mine from Club3D.
    The 5K monitor has been send back (DPI too high; Backlight defect) and now I'm considering the ET430K.