PREDATOR PH317-52 - Black screen after laptop has been in sleep overnight/long time

Answers

• praveenjelish
    praveenjelish Member Posts: 29 Troubleshooter
    @egydiocoelho i will continue testing it today and update it here 
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited March 2019
    @praveenjelish What was your main problem lol we came here from that black screen issue.
  • praveenjelish
    edited March 2019
    @JohnCena i havent had the black screen issue since the factory reset, i would wait a bit before i can  completely check it out,
    now i am trying to figure out the random game crashes i had + a bunch of video anomalies like this.
    The tuning with XTU has lowered the CPU temperature , still have to run the GPU test with kombuster. feels like i am going down the rabbit hole trying to fine tune the laptop for gaming without hitting high temperature. 
  • praveenjelish
    JohnCena said:
    @praveenjelish Can you do the test for 15 mins?

This is the result for stress testing for 15 mins with MSI kombuster. I didn't  have a crash. Can you let me know if these are abnormal temperatures ? 
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena said:

This is the result for stress testing for 15 mins with MSI kombuster. I didn't  have a crash. Can you let me know if these are abnormal temperatures ? 
    Wow, their max is 94 and 97 this is so much. If you react 100 it will propably shut down. Can you max the fans and try it again?
  • JohnCena
    What is your specs? And about video issue, what is the GPU are you using for desktop apps; you can check in Nvidia Control Panel. I think Intel HD causing trouble. Make all apps working in your Nvidia card and reboot. If it happens again you can lower the refresh rate of monitor (if you can do on nvidia control panel I don't know laptops can change or not) and test it again.
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena said:

Does it dropping frames on stress test? It is dropping I think. 
  • JohnCena
    edited March 2019
    Is all games crashing or is this happening on some games?
  • praveenjelish
    edited March 2019
    @JohnCena I had crash with starwars battlefront 2 , DX12 mode. I havnt had crashes after reset. the laptop only uses the nvidia card when the external monitor is connected. 

My specs: i7 8750H.
    16gb ram
    Nvidia gtx 1060  6GB 
    512 sdd 1tb Hdd. 

The frame rate is at 97 - 100 FPS during the test. The temperature reached the same level while playing black ops 4 too. I am using a external screen with 60FPS limit for games. 
  • Can you tell us if the problem with the black screen has been resolved?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JohnCena
    @JohnCena I had crash with starwars battlefront 2 , DX12 mode. I havnt had crashes after reset. the laptop only uses the nvidia card when the external monitor is connected. 

My specs: i7 8750H.
    16gb ram
    Nvidia gtx 1060  6GB 
    512 sdd 1tb Hdd. 

The frame rate is at 97 - 100 FPS during the test. The temperature reached the same level while playing black ops 4 too. I am using a external screen with 60FPS limit for games. 
    Was there any issues in test? And what is the specs of external monitor? I am trying to found that hardware causing video issues.
  • praveenjelish
    @egydiocoelho the black screen issue is fixed now it seems , the laptop comes out of sleep normally. 
    @JohnCena there is no issues with test so far , just the abnormal temperature reaching 97 deg at the GPU. it’s a Philips curved monitor with 60HZ and full HD, freesync. Connected with HDMI. 
  • JohnCena
    @egydiocoelho the black screen issue is fixed now it seems , the laptop comes out of sleep normally. 
    @JohnCena there is no issues with test so far , just the abnormal temperature reaching 97 deg at the GPU. it’s a Philips curved monitor with 60HZ and full HD, freesync. Connected with HDMI. 
    Now is it only heat? No problem! Did you max the fans and open CoolBoost? Have you ever changed the thermal paste? And this is not related with issue but I am curious about why do you use a 60 hertz monitor to 144hz monitor?
  • praveenjelish
    @JohnCena the fans are on coolboost and I haven’t tried to open the laptop up or replace the thermal paste, it will void my supplier warranty. 
    Well my 3 year old laptop only supported 60HZ , I was using the screen mostly for programming. 
    I didn’t want to spend on new screen until I am sure the laptop is stable. 
  • JohnCena
    @JohnCena the fans are on coolboost and I haven’t tried to open the laptop up or replace the thermal paste, it will void my supplier warranty. 
    Well my 3 year old laptop only supported 60HZ , I was using the screen mostly for programming. 
    I didn’t want to spend on new screen until I am sure the laptop is stable. 
    Yes it is nice that you dont change the thermal paste. You can undervolt a bit again
  • praveenjelish
    I will try it a bit today , and update here 
  • praveenjelish
    @JohnCena The temperature is stable now at 81C and 108 FPS, at max fan speed. i am not getting any readings on predator sense anymore after forcing to use NVIDIA processing.  I am missing the readings at GPU section. 
  • The gpu only works when it is required! Have you selected for the program to be run by the nvidia board?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JohnCena
    @JohnCena The temperature is stable now at 81C and 108 FPS, at max fan speed. i am not getting any readings on predator sense anymore after forcing to use NVIDIA processing.  I am missing the readings at GPU section. 
    Can you send me screenshot of your nvidia cpntrol panel settings?
  • praveenjelish
    The gpu only works when it is required! Have you selected for the program to be run by the nvidia board?
    yes i run the kombuster program and i played COD blackops 4 and still the GPU graph was not showing up