Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

No scrolling- no options to set trackpad

Hi I recently purchased the Aspire A315-41. I can't use the scrolling from the track pad. I'm running Win 10 as O/S.
I tried to install the ELANTECH driver from the Acer support site, but I can't install this. Any advice on being able to use the scrolling? Is it a driver problem at all?
Thank you!

Best Answer

• JackEJackE Posts: 16,689 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Shut machine completely off. Turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Go to the Main tab and set touchpad to advanced mode. Press F10 to save settings and exit. Jack E/NJ

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 16,689ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Shut machine completely off. Turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Go to the Main tab and set touchpad to advanced mode. Press F10 to save settings and exit. Jack E/NJ

• JIM44JIM44 Posts: 2Member New User
    Thank you JackE! All working perfectly. Thank you for fast and efficient reply! Good day.
  • BillyStubbsyBillyStubbsy Posts: 1Member New User
    Hi Jack
    I've got a similar problem with my 5750Z touch pad, I can not get 2 finger scroll to work. 
    My machines Bios does not show the touch pad info... Have you any ideas for me please

Note I have gone into finding the UEFI info through windows 10 recovery but again it is missing 

Thanks
  • JackEJackE Posts: 16,689ACE Trailblazer

Press WIN+R. Enter msinfo32. Click 'Components' folder in left pane. Click 'Input' folder. Click 'pointing device'. Do you have a Synaptics or Elantech touchpad listed in the right pane? Jack E/NJ