Acer Tc-780-Acki3 powers up but no signal

Jerrellakins
Jerrellakins Member Posts: 11 New User
I have a acer tc-780-acki3 desstop with 7th gen intel core processor 7100 with sgb ddr4 ram and dual monitors. I opened my pc while unplugged to clean off the dust from the fan and the heat sink i carefully disconnected it and proceeded to clean it out then I placed everything back inside carefully closed it up and plugged everything back and powered on the system thats when i noticed my keyboard came on then went off an i took the panel of off and noticed the fan twitched so I unplugged it then plugged it back in after five minutes then it powered up hard drive spinning, fan mouse and keyboard lit up but my monitor said no signal and i notice the backlight to the power button wasnt lit.

Answers

• Have you disconnected the rtc battery to try to reset the bios? It's a silver coin-sized battery!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jerrellakins
    Have you disconnected the rtc battery to try to reset the bios? It's a silver coin-sized battery!
    No I havent how do i remove it and for how long?
  • Remove this battery for a few seconds and then test:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jerrellakins
    Remove this battery for a few seconds and then test:

I removed the battery and to no avail still no signal
  • Jerrellakins
    Remove this battery for a few seconds and then test:

Do you have a photo of the processor socket without the processor in it so I can make sure the pins aren't bent
  • See this here:

Have you tried disconnecting the rams, hd memories and then go testing each hardware individually?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jerrellakins
    See this here:

Have you tried disconnecting the rams, hd memories and then go testing each hardware individually?
    Yes I did that I need a photo with the processor bracket raised so I can see all the pins on the side as well just to make sure they match 
  • Try a power reset! To do this, turn off the deskop and unplug it from the electrical outlet and then press the power button for thirty seconds and test!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jerrellakins
    thats not working either

• Jerrellakins
    Try a power reset! To do this, turn off the deskop and unplug it from the electrical outlet and then press the power button for thirty seconds and test!

not working either
  • When you turn on the desktop, do you hear any beep?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    IIRC the processor is a ball grid array, so no pins per se. It shouldn't be possible to get it I  sideways or reversed, but I may be wrong there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jerrellakins
    is it possible my processor is blown, are they fragile??
  • billsey
    It's possible, but not too likely. Usually if they are damaged due to handling it's static electricity that causes the problem and that often takes a while to manifest. If you disconnected the heat sink from the processor you need to replace the thermal grease that sits between them, but that won't cause immediate problems, the processor will just overheat. My guess is you didn't do that step, so will have to tear it down again anyway. Get some of the thermal grease, they usually come in a syringe type applicator and are good for several uses. Pull the fan back off and clean the surface that contacts the processor with some rubbing alcohol and a lint free cloth. Then remove the processor again and look very closely at how it's fit into the socket. It should really only work one way. Clean off the top surface of the processor with the same process as the heat sink. Put the processor back in place and clip it in, then apply a bead of the grease (the size of a pea or so) to the center of the top. put the heat sink back in place and fix it in. The grease will spread out and cover a good portion of the surface between the two components. That should get you to where you can be fairly confident the processor will work. Reconnect everything, making sure you don't miss any power cables, and fire it up then report back.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jerrellakins
    billsey said:
    It's possible, but not too likely. Usually if they are damaged due to handling it's static electricity that causes the problem and that often takes a while to manifest. If you disconnected the heat sink from the processor you need to replace the thermal grease that sits between them, but that won't cause immediate problems, the processor will just overheat. My guess is you didn't do that step, so will have to tear it down again anyway. Get some of the thermal grease, they usually come in a syringe type applicator and are good for several uses. Pull the fan back off and clean the surface that contacts the processor with some rubbing alcohol and a lint free cloth. Then remove the processor again and look very closely at how it's fit into the socket. It should really only work one way. Clean off the top surface of the processor with the same process as the heat sink. Put the processor back in place and clip it in, then apply a bead of the grease (the size of a pea or so) to the center of the top. put the heat sink back in place and fix it in. The grease will spread out and cover a good portion of the surface between the two components. That should get you to where you can be fairly confident the processor will work. Reconnect everything, making sure you don't miss any power cables, and fire it up then report back.
    I put thermal grease on already
  • billsey
    When you inserted the processor, did you notice if it was keyed to only one orientation?
  • Jerrellakins
    billsey said:
    When you inserted the processor, did you notice if it was keyed to only one orientation?
    how do you mean?????
  • billsey
    Although the processor is square, it can only work in one direction, so all the ball pads line up to where they are supposed to go. Processors used to have a corner that was beveled a bit to make it only fit into the socket in one direction (keyed to that orientation) but I'm not positive yours is.
  • Spre
    Spre Member Posts: 2 New User
    OP Have you figured this out? This seems to be an issue with these Models.  Removed nothing, it just randomly wouldn't boot, no post, power button backlight not on. cpu fan just spins. cmos battery changed, new working PSU tested. wiggle the vga port and it will post then immediately shut down.

with acers propriatary technology I can not just slap a new motherboard in, only 15months old. should last way longer then that. I have a media center HP pc I bought in 05 that still runs...
  • Angelmar
    Angelmar Member Posts: 1 New User

I was just wondering this issue has been solved. I've experienced the same troubles with my pc lately. When i turn on my pc the power button does not light up but the psu fan, cpu fan, and gpu fan spins. Does anyone know what could be the problem?