Where is ACER Support?

MACKIEJUMBOL
MACKIEJUMBOL Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have a 1-month old Spin 1 and it has been a piece of junk since day 1.  The retailer will not do anything. On-line support is no support at all.  I took it to a service center in Guangzhou and they said my unit's warranty had expired.  
The problems?  The screen freezes after 3-5 minutes and the touchpad is often inoperable.  Re-booting is the only 'temporary' resolution.

Answers

• Hello! How long have you bought the notebook? What is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MACKIEJUMBOL

Tinkerer

I bought the Spin 1 SP-111-32N on 19-2-2019
  • Have you checked that updating the drivers solves the problem? Download this program: https://drp.su/en
    Uncheck these programs:

Have you tried updating windows? 
    https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MACKIEJUMBOL

Tinkerer

Yes, I have updated all the drivers.
  • Have you tried updating windows? https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445
    What is the version bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MACKIEJUMBOL

Tinkerer

I do not know.  I am not necessarily a techie
  • OK! Try updating windows first, but you need to back up your files first!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MACKIEJUMBOL

Tinkerer

When I try the driver download I get- "Window cannot access the specified path or file: You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them'
  • MACKIEJUMBOL

Tinkerer

I tried once again to update Windows however, the computer freezes before the update is complete.
  • OK! Is there a driver with device manager problems?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MACKIEJUMBOL

Tinkerer

NOT THAT I KNOW OF.  THERE IS NO LISTING FOR THE TOUCHPAD DRIVER NOR IS THERE A TOUCHPAD DRIVER ON THE ACER SITE FOR DOWNLOAD
  • I suggest you try reinstalling windows to see if the problem remains. As soon as you turn on the notebook, press alt + f10 before the Acer logo!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MACKIEJUMBOL

Tinkerer

Thank you-Alt F10 had no impact.  Windows update gets to 84 pct and stops. Bios Version is V1.08
  • You should try reinstalling windows as this video: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFuWwuc2oH4

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MACKIEJUMBOL

Tinkerer

Thanks again...No video appeared.
  • OK! As soon as you turn on the notebook, press f2 to enter the bios and make sure the d2drecovery feature is active and then press f10 to save on exit! Immediately press alf + f10 to try to reinstall windows!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MACKIEJUMBOL

Tinkerer

Pressing F2 after 'power on' has no effect. goes immediately to homescreen.
  • OK! Try the bios like this: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQXFd0CN4s8

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Then check that d2drecovery is active! Also try changing the touchpad to basic and make sure the notebook still freezes.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MACKIEJUMBOL

Tinkerer

Thanks again but, no video on your last BIOS suggestion and yes, no matter the touchpad level. it freezes.