I can't use WIFI and mobile hotspot at same time helio 300

sriharsha
sriharsha Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought predator helio 300(G-572) last year. I thought we can't use wifi and mobile hotspot at same time. Later my friend has bought same laptop and he is using them at same time and connecting to his laptop's network with his mobile. Is there a problem with my wifif card?

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited March 2019
    You cannot! The hardware can do only one function at a given time. Add another wifi device like a wifi usb and the you can do connect on one and share on another.

You friend could have been using wifi to connect and sharing internet via other means like bluetooth.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Well, if you connect to a Wi-Fi network, you can share it via hotspot.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • sri369
    XdxD said:
    How so? One radio can do only one task at a time - receive or transmit, but not both.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • XdxD
    sri369 said:
    XdxD said:
    How so? One radio can do only one task at a time - receive or transmit, but not both.

• XdxD
    sriharsha said:
    I bought predator helio 300(G-572) last year. I thought we can't use wifi and mobile hotspot at same time. Later my friend has bought same laptop and he is using them at same time and connecting to his laptop's network with his mobile. Is there a problem with my wifif card?
    Driver version please. Even I have the same laptop model and I can do what you want from your PC.
  • XdxD
    sri369 said:
    XdxD said:
    Search for Connectify in Google. You will find necessary information. Microsoft added its functionality in Windows 10.
  • sri369
    XdxD said:
    sri369 said:
    XdxD said:
    Search for Connectify in Google. You will find necessary information. Microsoft added its functionality in Windows 10.
    That's a virtual router.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • XdxD
    sri369 said:
    XdxD said:
    sri369 said:
    XdxD said:
    That's a virtual router.
    That's what the OP wants.
  • sriharsha
    sriharsha Member Posts: 3 New User
    I got the solution. My Microsoft virtual adapter was disabled by default . Enabling it in device manager solved the issue. Thank you to each one of you for responding very quickly.
  • XdxD
    sriharsha said:
    I got the solution. My Microsoft virtual adapter was disabled by default . Enabling it in device manager solved the issue. Thank you to each one of you for responding very quickly.
    No problem. But mark your reply as answer so that this thread appears as solved.