Helios 500 legacy bios

Insert_Nickname
Insert_Nickname Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi!
I need to install windows 10 in mbr on my Helios 500 (Predator PH517-51), so i have to switch from UEFI to BIOS mode (legacy), but i can't find any option to do so.
I set supervisor password and disabled secure boot, but still can't find how to activate legacy mode.
Can anyone help me please? Thanks

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    If there is no such an option in the BIOS, then the BIOS is UEFI only, or the legacy option is just made inaccessible by Acer. I am curious for what reason you would want to install windows 10 in MBR?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Insert_Nickname
    Insert_Nickname Member Posts: 3 New User
    ven98 said:
    If there is no such an option in the BIOS, then the BIOS is UEFI only, or the legacy option is just made inaccessible by Acer. I am curious for what reason you would want to install windows 10 in MBR?
    Hi, thanks for your reply!
    The option is not present in the BIOS, so maybe Acer blocked it. If so it would be a shame.Why the hell does Acer stop me from using my laptop as i want?
    As for your question, i need to install windows 10 in MBR because i want to encrypt the whole system drive with Veracrypt. In order to to this i need a MBR disk, since Veracrypt is currently unable to encrypt whole system disks, if in GPT (in such a case, it's only possible to encrypt the OS partition, not the entire drive).
    I don't trust Bitlocker, so i do not take this option into consideration.
    Now i have to find a way to unlock the BIOS... Thanks, Acer!