Why games are lagging too much on Acer swift 3?

Abhishek19
Abhishek19 Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My Acer swift 3 with mx150 used to run euro truck simulator 2 on ultra settings with no lagals whatsoever until two windows commutative updates arrived. The games work good and then lag for a second and then again work good, and then again lag for a second. What should I do?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning Abhishek19 !

Is your device set to High Performance in power options?
    Does it only play plugged into the power outlet?
    Are your drivers properly updated?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Abhishek19
    Abhishek19 Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter
    The performance is almost same in plugged in or battery power. Updating the drivers doesn't work for sure. The only one that's working somewhat good is the one from Acer website 381.99, I've also tried latest nvidia drivers but they make it worse. I haven't tested in high performance mode though! Does it really makes difference? I've always used in balanced mode.
  • basil327
    basil327 Member Posts: 2 New User
    My Acer swift 3 with mx150 used to run euro truck simulator 2 on ultra settings with no lagals whatsoever until two windows commutative updates arrived. The games work good and then lag for a second and then again work good, and then again lag for a second. What should I do?
    The same problem is present in my pc too. Whether a game is low graphics or high graphics, that periodic lag persists. This problem started 2-3 months back only.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon basil327 !

To keep the forum organized and your questions more visible, please avoid posting to already resolved or inactive topics.
    Always open a new post, as it has been guided by moderators.
    Put an @ in front of my name that will guide you there for any questions.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• basil327
    basil327 Member Posts: 2 New User
    @MaClane I don't see query being solved that's why I posted here and not as a new thread.