Qualcomm QCA9377 not starting

Options
Takosan
Takosan Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Greetings!

Trying to help a friend who's Wi-Fi card (Atheros QCA9377) suddenly started not starting with code 10 on her Aspire E5-575 running Windoze 10 Home.

I checked the Device Manager and it was using driver 12.0.0.722 from 08.22.2018. Just for the heck of it downloaded the latest available from Acer site which was actually older 12.0.0.309 from 04.18.2017. Updated to that but still couldn't start. For another, went all the way back to the first driver that was on the PC (from the factory?) but that didn't help either. I've tried deleting & scanning for hardware changes numerous times but no luck.

My guess is a Windoze update that hosed it; not a hardware issue like the Wi-Fi chip going bad. I know if she can spare $20, probably a USB WLAN adapter and she'll be on her way ... at least until another Windoze update hoses it.

So I was hoping someone ran into similar situation and found a surefire way top resolve this with the onboard WLAN chip from Atheros. I've googled and seen a lot of code 10 related posts but nothing definitive.

Any help will be appreciated!

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked if a more current driver solves the problem? https://www.ath-drivers.eu/qualcomm-atheros-download-drivers-nr-355-with-code-1945.html
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Takosan
    Takosan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    egydiocoelho  :)

I have good news. This morning she had an cumulative update waiting so she went ahead and did that. When it restarted, even though we were temporarily hooked up via ehternet cable to the router's switch port, a solid wifi radar showed up in the tray.

I don't like why, seemingly, a Windoze update fixed the issue but for her purposes, I'll chalk it as fixed.

Question is whether a Windoze update make a wifi driver to stop loading (but obviously the ethernet was fine) is a question I would like to figure out for the future.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Great my friend!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)