Gray screen

Katsrayoflight
Katsrayoflight Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
two days ago my two six month old kittens knocked my acer cheomebook off a computer table onto my coffee table ( I think, as I was at work I have no proof) then it fell onto the carpet, I came home and found it on the floor. I picked it up opened it and the screen when gray, kinda back lit looking, to black, and back to backlit 

my question is.. Can this be fixed? Can I connect it to a tv via HDMI and see the images, or is all my stuff on the hard drive gone forever?

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    two days ago my two six month old kittens knocked my acer cheomebook off a computer table onto my coffee table ( I think, as I was at work I have no proof) then it fell onto the carpet, I came home and found it on the floor. I picked it up opened it and the screen when gray, kinda back lit looking, to black, and back to backlit 

my question is.. Can this be fixed? Can I connect it to a tv via HDMI and see the images, or is all my stuff on the hard drive gone forever?
    Yes you can still connect the device to external monitor or a TV with HDMI and transfer the data or work regularly. 

Best thing with chromebooks is that you can stay free without worrying about data loss. Since, all your data is on the cloud. I mean even if the entire computer fries.. All you need is the same google a/c and password to login. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer