I think my laptop is going through puberty :(

Wonny
Wonny Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
I purchased the Acer Aspire E5-575T from BestBuy in Canada 2 years ago (2017). 
I've been using the hardware with extreme care, and there hasn't been any incidents where not even a 100gs of physical force was applied on it since.
For about 2 weeks, I've been having issues with the monitor, where the screen just freezes and gives a 'buzzy' image at least once in 10 minutes of laptop usage.
It's been very annoying since I have to use laptop to do work and study everyday. I have my original receipt from BestBuy, and all the covers & boxes that came with the hardware.
It's been 2 years since the purchase, and I really don't see why and how my laptop is behaving this way. I've attached a picture to show what I'm experiencing with the monitor.
ACER! I need technical help ASAP! or a free-repair/exchange out of courtesy would also make me verrrrry happyyyyyy >:D

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,851 Trailblazer
    First, test to see if an HDMI-out TV shows the same screen image. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Wonny
    Wonny Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    okay! and if the TV shows the same screen image? what does that mean?
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Wonny said:
    JackE said:
    okay! and if the TV shows the same screen image? what does that mean?

It would determine if the problem is with the built-in display, or with the video-output from the graphics card. Unless an extended warranty was purchased, I'm fairly certain 24 months is well past the original warranty period. Most 15-17" displays are $75-100 shipped online, should it need replacement.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,851 Trailblazer
    If the TV shows the same screen, it's the graphics adapter. If not, it's probably only the video ribbon cable that needs to be replaced from conductor trace breaks in the hinge area from opening and closing the lid too much. Google your model number and lcd cable. Less than about $20 for a new replacement. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ