Multiple external monitors on Asprie S3-392g

kalund
kalund Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer Asprie S3-392g where I would like to connect two external monitors (If they are connected I don't care about the laptop display). One monitor connected to VGA through the mini-DP (acer converter port) and one to HDMI, is this at all possible? It seems the default display adapter is the Intel, and I can't change it to the Nvidia one because I can't access the advanced settings in BIOS. My BIOS version is the newest one from the Acer website, as is the drivers for the Intel adapter, and the Nvidia one is the newest from Nvidias website.
Any help or suggestions is much appreciated.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The ACER-flavored Win10 graphics drivers should work. And will probably give more user control than generic Win10 drivers. Also, if the machine was originally factory Win8.1, compatibility mode installation of those ACER-flavored drivers might work best. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    If they're mirrored displays, the easiest and cheapest way is to use an HDMI hub. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kalund
    JackE said:
    If they're mirrored displays, the easiest and cheapest way is to use an HDMI hub. Jack E/NJ
    Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately I wan't extended desktop.

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    The ACER-flavored Win10 graphics drivers should work. And will probably give more user control than generic Win10 drivers. Also, if the machine was originally factory Win8.1, compatibility mode installation of those ACER-flavored drivers might work best. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kalund
    Thanks once again, I tried connecting everything again without any changes without luck, but after changing the VGA cable and bypassed my KVM switch everything was working flawlessly. It seems you can indeed connect 1 external monitor to the HDMI and 1 to the Acer Converter Port and still have a picture on the built in screen as well - so I now have 3 screens.