GPU Fan not working on my Nitro AN515-42

just1decentdude
just1decentdude Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Okay so I just had my laptop for 1 month now. Ordered it brand new and since the first week when i first got it i noticed that nitro-sense wasn't showing any GPU RPM but the CPU was fine and kinda ignored it. Now a month later i had to re-install windows its still the same behavior i checked for alternative APPS to monitor the GPU fans but all couldn't either detect it or run it.

Tried speed fan and even using the MSI afterburner but still no luck, I was really curios after noticing all those youtube video reviews do show the GPU RPM.
-Then one day after a short gaming session it just looked down the vent for the fans their i noticed that one FAN wasn't spinning... 
Can somebody give some advice on what it is? Is it just software related or is it physically the fan thats broken?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK! Did you try disconnecting the power cable from the fans? Have you contacted technical support?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• KedWalker
    KedWalker Member Posts: 33 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    set the max RPM .. use a flashlight from your phone and check under your laptop and you will see the fan is running or not
  • just1decentdude
    edited March 2019
    KedWalker said:
    set the max RPM .. use a flashlight from your phone and check under your laptop and you will see the fan is running or not
    Yes i already did..thats actually how i found out it want working
  • KedWalker
    KedWalker Member Posts: 33 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    KedWalker said:
    Yes i already did..thats actually how i found out it want working
    seem like your fan is the one problem.. i suggest your to call service center for the warranty, but if not under warranty. you can unscrew your bottom plate and try to remove and install back the fan wire.

• Hello! Did you already have a fan here? Have you tried turning off and turning on coolboost? What is the temperature of the gpu?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • just1decentdude
    Hello! Did you already have a fan here? Have you tried turning off and turning on coolboost? What is the temperature of the gpu?
    Yeah already tried it but still nothing, For extensive workloads the GPU heats up to 80 to 83 degrees which i think should be normal heat? and i didnt experience any issues for long sessions the performance is basically unchanged which is a good thing though. Its just annoying to know that my GPU Fans defective.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK! Did you try disconnecting the power cable from the fans? Have you contacted technical support?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Has the procedure worked?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vijayant91
    vijayant91 Member Posts: 11 New User
    i have the exact same problem, i bought it  months ago,still one fan not working

• @vijayant91Have you contacted technical support?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Andy_L
    Andy_L Member Posts: 4 New User
    I just had this issue. I took my fan out to clean it and found a stray piece of plastic stuck it in which had stopped the fan moving. Removed it and now it works fine. If you are still in warranty you might want to avoid taking it apart but otherwise might be worth a look.