Upgraded AN515-52 60hz IPS to 120hz TN

Options
chromey
chromey Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello everyone,

I upgraded my stock 60hz IPS panel (B156HAN06.1/AUO61ED) to 120hz TN (N156HHE-GA1) and i can only say WOW this panel is amazing.
It was a plug & play installation, whole procedure was easy and took probably 5 minutes + was working 120hz right out of the box, didnt need to use CRU.

Even being TN, the panel is pretty much better in every single way compared to the stock one, with maybe the exception of viewing angles.
Colours pop up more (94-100% SRBG) its 30-40 nits brighter, not to mention 120hz & way faster response time.
And everyone who is thinking about brightness control, yes, it works.

UPGRADED PANEL                                                                    STOCK PANEL

Answers

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    An upgrade I should consider! I use my laptop as a desktop about 80% of the time, closed and connected to a bigger display. But, for that other 20% I could definitely see 120Hz as an advantage. The price is manageable and the N156HHE-GA1 has great reviews online, including this one! Thanks for sharing @chromey
  • magnetoeric
    magnetoeric Member Posts: 23 Networker
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, OP. Could you please tell me from where have you ordered this and for how much? I have the same laptop and i'm interested in buying this. 
  • chromey
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, OP. Could you please tell me from where have you ordered this and for how much? I have the same laptop and i'm interested in buying this. 
    I bought the panel from ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/123172018735
    Was shipped almost immediately & came with no dead pixels/backlight bleed or other stuff

Also forgot to mention, that the panel is 8-bit vs 6-bit on old one
  • magnetoeric
    magnetoeric Member Posts: 23 Networker
    Options
    chromey said:
    I bought the panel from ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/123172018735
    Was shipped almost immediately & came with no dead pixels/backlight bleed or other stuff

Also forgot to mention, that the panel is 8-bit vs 6-bit on old one
    Awesome. Now all i gotta to is to decide whether to buy this or a SSD :D 
  • meshswapnil
    meshswapnil Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    chromey said:
    Hello everyone,

I upgraded my stock 60hz IPS panel (B156HAN06.1/AUO61ED) to 120hz TN (N156HHE-GA1) and i can only say WOW this panel is amazing.
    It was a plug & play installation, whole procedure was easy and took probably 5 minutes + was working 120hz right out of the box, didnt need to use CRU.

Even being TN, the panel is pretty much better in every single way compared to the stock one, with maybe the exception of viewing angles.
    Colours pop up more (94-100% SRBG) its 30-40 nits brighter, not to mention 120hz & way faster response time.

UPGRADED PANEL                                                                    STOCK PANEL

hey I upgraded to the same panel , lemmie know if you need the display profiles for this panel (N156HHE-GA1)(120hz/3ms/FHD/120hz) calibrated with Spyder5Elite+ . Spyder5Elite+ offers better white point, gamma, luminance, and advanced Screen Uniformity . 
    Its 100% sRGB
    83% NTSC
    and 89% of AdobeRGB . 
  • chromey
    Options
    chromey said:
    Hello everyone,

hey I upgraded to the same panel , lemmie know if you need the display profiles for this panel (N156HHE-GA1)(120hz/3ms/FHD/120hz) calibrated with Spyder5Elite+ . Spyder5Elite+ offers better white point, gamma, luminance, and advanced Screen Uniformity . 
    Its 100% sRGB
    83% NTSC
    and 89% of AdobeRGB . 
    I grabbed calibrated profile from Notebookcheck already myself
  • xAndre
    xAndre Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    chromey said:
    Hello everyone,

Its 100% sRGB
    83% NTSC
    and 89% of AdobeRGB . 
    Hi, i have the same display, can you post your color profile? I will buy a Datacolor Spyderx Pro, but, for now, your profile calibrated will help me. Thanks!
  • Riiaadkaalil
    Riiaadkaalil Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Is this the same you get? 

Do you know if it will work on my 

an515-52-56mw model? 

This is the link:

15.6" LCD Screen Display 120HZ FULL HD EDP N156HHE-GA1 for MSI GT62 GE63 GS63VR 7RG-078US MSI GP63 Leopard 8RE https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CWSWX4Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_WjnPDbWVHZX7Q

I hope you reply me to make my purshase! 
  • meshswapnil
    Options
    xAndre said:
    chromey said:
    Hello everyone,

Its 100% sRGB
    83% NTSC
    and 89% of AdobeRGB . 
    Hi, i have the same display, can you post your color profile? I will buy a Datacolor Spyderx Pro, but, for now, your profile calibrated will help me. Thanks!
    ooh sure 
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vKuBVvTWaagYanDA7NxFJOFPPJWIM22d?usp=sharing
    The difference between the above profiles (low, medium, high) is the brightness level. So depending on the light in your room, choose the profile accordingly. (ie. if you're at night with low room light, then load the low profile)

• meshswapnil
    Options
    Is this the same you get? 

Do you know if it will work on my 

an515-52-56mw model? 

This is the link:

15.6" LCD Screen Display 120HZ FULL HD EDP N156HHE-GA1 for MSI GT62 GE63 GS63VR 7RG-078US MSI GP63 Leopard 8RE https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CWSWX4Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_WjnPDbWVHZX7Q

I hope you reply me to make my purshase! 
    Yes its the one I am using in my nitro 5 AN515-52 !!
    I bought it from aliexpress .
  • getyourowname
    getyourowname Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    xAndre said:
    chromey said:
    Hello everyone,

Its 100% sRGB
    83% NTSC
    and 89% of AdobeRGB . 
    ooh sure 
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vKuBVvTWaagYanDA7NxFJOFPPJWIM22d?usp=sharing
    The difference between the above profiles (low, medium, high) is the brightness level. So depending on the light in your room, choose the profile accordingly. (ie. if you're at night with low room light, then load the low profile)

Do you use night mode at night? Should i use night mode with low profile?
  • Ynze162
    Ynze162 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    xAndre said:
    chromey said:
    Hello everyone,

Its 100% sRGB
    83% NTSC
    and 89% of AdobeRGB . 
    ooh sure 

I'm interested in the profile too, as I just got the screen. The link is broken though, could you share it again? Would be much appreciated :) !
  • lelyabra
    lelyabra Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Ynze162 said:
    xAndre said:
    chromey said:
    Hello everyone,

Its 100% sRGB
    83% NTSC
    and 89% of AdobeRGB . 
    ooh sure 

I'm interested in the profile too, as I just got the screen. The link is broken though, could you share it again? Would be much appreciated :) !

I'm interested in the profile too. Could you please share the profile again? )
  • caesium
    caesium Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    xAndre said:
    chromey said:
    Hello everyone,

Its 100% sRGB
    83% NTSC
    and 89% of AdobeRGB . 
    ooh sure 

Can you re-upload the profile? Many thanks.
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 688 Moderator
    Options
    caesium said:
    xAndre said:
    chromey said:
    Hello everyone,

Its 100% sRGB
    83% NTSC
    and 89% of AdobeRGB . 
    ooh sure 

Can you re-upload the profile? Many thanks.
    Hi @caesium,

This is an old thread and the user to reply on this would be more likely less chances. We request you to create a new topic explaining your issue.

Note: This thread will now be closed.

Regards,
    Acer-Samuel
This discussion has been closed.