Helios 300 - Wake on USB ?

varkanoid
varkanoid Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I am trying to setup my sons Helios 300 with Wake on USB but the instructions are none existant. I have enabled it in the BIOS and there is a wireless mouse connected with "this device can wake up laptop" setting ticked in power management but when I put it into hibernate it doesnt wake it up. Does this option only work with sleep ?

Basically I want to set the laptop up with external monitor, keyboard, wireless mouse and have laptop left with lid down underneath his desk mainly because he keeps breaking the left arrow key mashing it playing Fortnite! So my idea was to get him to hibernate the laptop and then wake it up with the keyboard or mouse.

Answers

• Have you updated the drivers on the intel and nvidia website? What is the exact model of your notebook? Example an515-51-75kz! What is the mouse and keyboard model?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • varkanoid

Tinkerer

PE317-51 model.
    I think I might have found the solution, apparently Acer laptops dont recover from sleep or hibernate if the lid is closed. Some weird design flaw that Acer think is normal. If you open the lid just over an inch to make it think the lid is open it recovers. Need to try it.
  • OK! Have you tried updating the drivers? What is the bios version? What is the model of the keyboard and mouse?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • varkanoid

Tinkerer

edited March 2019
    Drivers are the latest, bios is 1.21. After bit more testing it does wake up from sleep with the external mouse just not hibernate. I guess I might have made it with sleep even though its not ideal.
  • Did you select this on both the mouse and the keyboard? I would like to know the mouse and keyboard models?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• varkanoid

Tinkerer

Mouse and keyboard are not bluetooth. Mouse is a basic wireless Microsoft one and keyboard is a generic USB gaming keyboard.
  • OK! Verify that updating the drivers with this program if it solves the problem: https://drp.su/en
    no viruses!
    Uncheck these programs:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer