Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Battery issue past warranty Acer Liquid Zest

XtaKatXtaKat Posts: 2Member New User
edited March 12 in Android Phones
So what do I do now? The battery in my Acer Liquid Zest Plus (not even 2 years old) has popped up like a microwave popcorn bag and warped my case and expanded so much that the screen is popping off of the front. Doesn't seem to have affected the phone's functioning at all. I know the battery has obviously overheated but seems fine now. I can't afford a new cell phone right now, please tell me it's ok to keep using.

FAQ & Answers

• MaClaneMaClane Posts: 4,537ACE Pathfinder
    Good afternoon XtaKat !

This problem occurs because of several factors such as overheating, non-original chargers, or overload.
    The battery must be removed IMMEDIATELY and the exchange performed.
    Under no circumstances should you use or charge the device in this way.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um "Curtir", marque como "Solucionado" e clique em "Promover"!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a like, flag as "Fixed" and click "Promote"!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2014 - 2019 ★★

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 13,924ACE Trailblazer
    Complementing the answer from fellow maclane, see this article: https://www.tekrevue.com/swollen-battery/
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em promover! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on Promote!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool clique aqui para saber o número de série ou o partnumber do seu modelo! click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Acer-MannyAcer-Manny Posts: 1,866Acer Crew

Acer Crew

Hi XtaKat,

No, we do not recommend you using the device.  Can you please send me a PM with the S/N of your unit so I can look into this for you?

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny 
  • XtaKatXtaKat Posts: 2Member New User
    Hi XtaKat,

No, we do not recommend you using the device.  Can you please send me a PM with the S/N of your unit so I can look into this for you?

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny 
    Sent you the information, thanks so much for your time.
    Kat