Why is there so little documentation for the Orion Predator 3000?

Options
johnno
johnno Member Posts: 4 New User
All that comes in the box is the "quick start guide" which is a guide to plugging it in and turning it on.  Online, there is a "user manual" that only contains instructions or upgrading (though I admit, it's a good guide in that regard), but there is almost nothing else.  The really annoying omission was any guide saying what the ports are.  Sure, the quick start guide tells you what the power port looks like, but anything else?  You're on your own.  Wondering which ports are USB 3 vs USB 2.1?  It's got something to do with colour - get googling! 

Sorry, not really a question so far.  Is there more documentation somewhere other than the Downloads section of the US Acer site?

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hi johnno,

Thanks for the feedback, can i ask what type of documentation you're exactly looking for?

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny 
  • johnno
    Options
    The thing that I can't believe isn't included is some kind of diagram about the ports.  Personally, I know what a USB port looks like, and I knew that blue ports were USB 3, but I didn't know that red means.  It also would have been really helpful to know which port was which on the video card rather than having to compare shapes. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    If it helps, the red port is USB 3.1...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • johnno
    Options
    Thanks billsey, that does help. 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hi johnno,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately we only have available the following documentation for download from our Drivers and Manuals page, but we appreciate your feedback and will passed it along to our developer/design team for future consideration:

ErP (Energy-related Product directive) technical document

Safety Guide

User Manual

Download

We apologize for any inconveniences this have may cause,  
    Acer-Manny

• johnno
    Options
    I do appreciate you replying Manny, but here is an example of what I am looking for.  This is for an ASUS system that is a competitor to the one I bought.  Look at their manual, in particular page 12 and 13:  https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Desktop/GT51CH/E12695_GT51CH_UM_Win10_V2_DVD.PDF?_ga=2.176423719.386503456.1553013325-1140823193.1553013325

There is just sooooo much more information and detail in the Asus manual.  That's what I expected. 

The Asus manual is an upgrade guide (and a pretty good one, to be fair) but it isn't a manual -- AT ALL. 
  • LIONHARDT
    LIONHARDT Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I totally agree with you.  I just bought a Predator 9000 (PO9-920). So little documentation. All the audio ports have no color coding.  Still haven't gotten my Logitech speaker system working just yet. No mother board schematics or any other schematics.  What is a 2TB Hard drive + 1024BG SSD drive?  Only one drive is showing on the PC. Just found out what the red usb's are thanks to this post.  Searching Google on Ace predator features and product help turn up nothing. Really poor documentation.  I agree Asus is MUCH better with more informative manuals.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    The PO9-920 is really new and we don't yet have access to many details yet. Here is the layout of the PO9-900, which is likely the same. This should also be in the User Manual IIRC.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.