What can I do about the bright spot on my screen? Nitro AN515-52

Oskar12345
Oskar12345 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello :)
I have owned an Acer Nitro AN515-52 for a few months now, and I really like it. The only problem is that there is an area on the screen itself that appears to be brighter than the rest, especially when the background is white or bright. Restarting the pc has no effect, neither does waiting for it to go away by itself work ;)
The bright/white spot also seems to slowly get bigger.
I had the same problem with my old pc, though that one was many years old when the bright spots started to be noticable, this one is only a few months old. 
What can or should I do?
This isn`t a major problem, but rather annoying, and I would prefer to fix it.

Best Answers

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    On the back of the lid of the screen; are there any indents or marks? It looks as if something may have hit the back of the screen and pushed on the display, skewing the back light in that area. This may not be repairable without display replacement but I'd have to take it apart to tell. Removing the screen from the laptop is not impossible. I've replaced several Dell and Acer screens in about an hour. Acer could make this repair as well, at some cost I imagine.

In short; I suspect physical damage and very much doubt a driver or software adjustment will correct this. Still, if there are other suggestions they are worth a shot!
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Rudy21 said:
    @Oskar12345

1.Unplug the AC adapter from your notebook.
    2.Turn the notebook and look for battery reset pin hole.
    3.insert the paper clip and hold it for 30 - 40 seconds.
    4.Turn over the notebook one last time and plug in your AC adapter.
    5.Turn on your notebook.

If the issue still persist. Uninstall the graphic drivers from device manager and restart the device to take the effect. Post this check and share the result.
    I tried the battery reset, and it did not work. 
    Regarding the next suggestion you made. I believe I`ve found where to uninstall it, but will I me able to simply re-install it afterwards if it doesn`t work?
    Thank you for your answer, I really apriciate the effort :)
    I would suggest you to contact acer support and claim warranty service. Because it looks like color bleed. They might have to replace the screen.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer

Answers

• Rudy21
    @Oskar12345

5.Turn on your notebook.

If the issue still persist. Uninstall the graphic drivers from device manager and restart the device to take the effect. Post this check and share the result.
  • tobimaru
    Would it be possible to share two pictures? One, a screenshot from your computer. The second one, an actual picture of the screen as you see it from the exterior. This would allow us to see what the computer is trying to display versus what you are actually seeing. This will also help us identify if the visual anomaly is on the software of hardware side of things.
  • Oskar12345
    tobimaru said:
    Would it be possible to share two pictures? One, a screenshot from your computer. The second one, an actual picture of the screen as you see it from the exterior. This would allow us to see what the computer is trying to display versus what you are actually seeing. This will also help us identify if the visual anomaly is on the software of hardware side of things.
    Ok, so here you can see a screenshot of my pc, and a picture by my phone (it`s rather old, so please excuse the quality). The red lines mark the most visible area, while the blue lines mark tiny ones, or those who are slowly "growing".

• Oskar12345
    Rudy21 said:
    @Oskar12345

5.Turn on your notebook.

Regarding the next suggestion you made. I believe I`ve found where to uninstall it, but will I me able to simply re-install it afterwards if it doesn`t work?
  • tobimaru
    Answer ✓
    On the back of the lid of the screen; are there any indents or marks? It looks as if something may have hit the back of the screen and pushed on the display, skewing the back light in that area. This may not be repairable without display replacement but I'd have to take it apart to tell. Removing the screen from the laptop is not impossible. I've replaced several Dell and Acer screens in about an hour. Acer could make this repair as well, at some cost I imagine.

In short; I suspect physical damage and very much doubt a driver or software adjustment will correct this. Still, if there are other suggestions they are worth a shot!
  • Rudy21
    Answer ✓
    Rudy21 said:
    @Oskar12345

5.Turn on your notebook.

I would suggest you to contact acer support and claim warranty service. Because it looks like color bleed. They might have to replace the screen.