What are some solutions to a faulty charging port for the Aspire R15?

graymatter824
graymatter824 Member Posts: 1 New User

My Aspire r15's charging port is having issues connecting.  When I adjust the wire and find the right position, it connects but it can be very finicky. I've checked if it is the charger but it appears to be the actual port. Unfortunately laptop is past warranty. I love Acer's products and the R15 has been reliable up until this issue. I'm seeing that this is a persistent issue with many of their products and I feel like this is make or break with me for Acer products. Are there any cost effective solutions to this issue? For people who have brought it in to a third party repair shop, were there any issues after they repaired the charging port?

Any suggestions on what to do here would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    @graymatter824

Have you tested the device with another identical charger? If yes and still face the issue then its confirmed to be issue with the port on the device. If no then its simply charger issue and you can get another charger.

Taking the device to local stores - Yes its a good idea but sometimes they might want to charge you more. So, visit a couple stores and compare the pricing and service.. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • BebeP
    BebeP Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the exact same issue with the charging port on my Aspire 15.  Is this a known issue with this product?  Is the Acer taking responsibility for this defect and making repairs?     
  • paulmeadowlark
    paulmeadowlark Member Posts: 1 New User

Did anyone ever get a resolution to this?