My Acer Aspire E5-574 series laptop won't turn on

Options
Nekitia
Nekitia Member Posts: 7 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
My Acer laptop is an Aspire E5-574 series. Model number: N15Q1

it was on this morning and I went out, came home to find it was no longer on and will not turn back on. I tried disconnecting it from it's power cord but does not turn on at all when connected or disconnected. So that leads me to beliefe it does not seem to be an issue with a low battery unless the charger itself has conked out. 

What should I do? If it is the cord, how easy is it to get a charger for my make and model, where would I even go looking?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,582 Trailblazer
    Options
    Remove the charger. On the bottom look for a small pinhole with a battery symbol. Gently insert a paper clip for 10 seconds to disconnect the battery. Then plug the charger back in without trying to turn it on. Does the battery LED light up orange? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nekitia
    Options
    JackE said:
    Remove the charger. On the bottom look for a small pinhole with a battery symbol. Gently insert a paper clip for 10 seconds to disconnect the battery. Then plug the charger back in without trying to turn it on. Does the battery LED light up orange? Jack E/NJ
    I do see a very tiny hole that looks like the symbol beside it could be a battery but I don't see a battery at all? Looking online it appears the battery in my specific laptop isn't removable? 
  • JackE
    Options
    Your battery is internal and must be disassembled to replace it. The pinhole is there to momentarily disconnect the battery to drain any memory that might be causing a problem. Gently insert a paper clip for 10 seconds to disconnect the battery. Then plug the charger back in without trying to turn it on Does the battery LED light up orange?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nekitia
    Options
    JackE said:
    Your battery is internal and must be disassembled to replace it. The pinhole is there to momentarily disconnect the battery to drain any memory that might be causing a problem. Gently insert a paper clip for 10 seconds to disconnect the battery. Then plug the charger back in without trying to turn it on Does the battery LED light up orange?  Jack E/NJ
    I did as asked, although I don't know if i did it successfully as there was mo sound or anything to indicate success, but after doing as requested, there is still no change. No light has come on at all.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>No light has come on at all. >>>

Do NOT try to turn the machine on after gently inserting the paper clip. Just plug in the charger. Does the charging light come on without trying to turn it on? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nekitia
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>No light has come on at all. >>>

Do NOT try to turn the machine on after gently inserting the paper clip. Just plug in the charger. Does the charging light come on without trying to turn it on? Jack E/NJ
    No, it does not.
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. Check the voltage output of the charger plug between its outer connector and center connector with a multimeter. It should be about 19volts DC. If not, try a different AC wall plug. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nekitia
    Options
    JackE said:
    OK. Check the voltage output of the charger plug between its outer connector and center connector with a multimeter. It should be about 19volts DC. If not, try a different AC wall plug. Jack E/NJ
    This also did nothing. It is 19, but I tried another charger for a different Acer Asipre laptop, with same voltage and still, this did not change anything. My result was still the same.
  • JackE
    Options
    This probably means your battery internal controller has failed. You must remove 21 screws on the base cover as shown below. Remove the single DVD screw first to pull out the DVD tray. The battery and its connector to the mainboard will be visible. Disconnect the battery. Then see if the laptop will turn on with the charger alone without the battery connected. If it turns on you must replace the battery, about $35USD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Firas2jani
    Firas2jani Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    JackE i followed the instructions and after the battery reset i plugged the cord and an orange light came up for seconds then it turned to blue. What should i do, thanks.
  • JackE
    Options
    If the battery light is now a steady blue, the battery is fully charged. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Firas2jani
    Options
    But my laptop won't turn on i have the same problem as the comment below
  • JackE
    Options
    Have you ever taken the bottom cover off for adding or servicing the machine? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Firas2jani
    Options
    No i did not
  • JackE
    Options
    Remove the battery pack. Carefully inspect all accessible flat cable connections to the mainboard are secure. They are held firm to the mainboard connectors with a sliding plastic wedge that may have allowed them to come loose and lose contact. Also carefully inspect the area immediately around the RAM slots for a small spring-loaded switch. Some mainboards may have been equipped with this safety switch to cut power to the mainboard when the bottom cover is removed or misaligned with the switch. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Newalex
    Newalex Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Hi I have a laptop aspire E1 series model V5WE2 When you press the salt button, a blue light comes on but does not light nothing happens please help me !