SSD upgrade in a TC-855-ur19?

Porkchop1
Porkchop1 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Can I upgrade to a Samsung 970 evo plus m.2 500gb NVME drive in my Acer Aspire tc-885-ur19? If so how. Thanks for your time in advance!

Answers

• Yes you can! Check on this site that your model accepts the 500gb ssd nvme model: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-TC-885/93029
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Porkchop1

Tinkerer

I have tried changing the drives and even cloned the original hard drive to a Samsung ssd and it isn't working. Is there something in the bios I have to change?
  • Is your ssd identified here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Porkchop1

Tinkerer

edited March 2019
    First egydiocoelho thanks for taking the time to try and help me! The answer to your question is yes but my drive is a toshiba. Also under where it says onboard lan option Rom mine says Intel rapid storage technology. That takes you to a sub menu. From what I'm understanding the optain memory and the 7200 Toshiba are in a raid config? My bios I just updated to bios R01-B3 release date 01/16/2019.

• Hello! I would like you to hit a photo of the bios so I can see the ssd model! I would also like to check launch csm! I would also like to know, what was the previous bios version that was installed? r01-ax or r01-bx?
    If the launch csm is never and the other options in uefi, it is necessary to convert ssd to gpt. But I need to see the bios settings!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Porkchop1

Tinkerer

Hello Egydiocoelho! Well I think I found the answer! I believe it was Intel Optane the whole time. I have since gone into the app (or Program as we called it back in the old days) and disabled it. Now I have been able to install the new Samsung NVME M.2 DRIVE AND am currently installing Windows 10 on the Samsung drive. I was never able to do this before disabling Intel Optain. So thank you for help and time! I will let you know in a week if everything is still running good! Fingers crossed. Thanks again and take care.
  • Great my friend! =)

egydiocoelho Trailblazer