My Nitro 5 turns on when the screen is shut, but turns off when I open it.

Beta11345
Beta11345 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Okay, first off I have an Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-51) running Windows 10 v1803 build 17134.523 and my bios is V1.13. The only modification i did was the addition of a western digital black 1tb hdd. 

So today I was transferring files to an external hdd, I placed the hdd on the keyboard to move the laptop and the laptop shut off. Now when I shut the lid it powers on like I had opened the laptop. But when I open it the laptop shuts off and is unresponsive. I've tried restarting it, doing a system restore, and turning off sleep when the lid is shut. The only thing that gets it to turn on is if I place a magnet about an inch to the left of the mouse pad and an inch and half up from the bottom edge of the laptop. It's almost like the polarity of the sensor for the lid was switched. How do I fix this? 

Answers

• KedWalker
    KedWalker Member Posts: 33 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    The laptop has a sensor between touchpad .. dont put hard disk on that .. it will turn on the sensor and tell that your sensor that you already closer the lid and turn off the screen 
  • Beta11345
    Beta11345 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Moving the external hdd off the key board was the first thing I did when the laptop shut off. Even with nothing on the keyboard it still has the issue. But thank you for the information.