How can I boot up from DVD on TC-865 NE

fatcat
fatcat Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I just bought a TC-865 NE come with Windows 10 Home. I want to install a extra SSD on it and duel boot with windows 7. After I install the SSd and try to boot from DVD to install Windows 7. But it doesn't let me change the boot device. It only has 1 choice of "Windows boot manager" I understand it has secure boot. I try to disable it from Windows 10 and go to bios to turn it off. But it still the same. Any body can help? Thank you!

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon !

In order for the dual boot and installation to work well, some points must be set:

1- You must first create the superuser password on Bios.
    Only then will you have access to some options.
    2- The SecureBoot must be disabled.
    3- If you use Uefi mode, the SSD must be converted to GPT.
    4- The Uefi system only accepts 64bit operating systems.
    That way, Windows 7 ISO should contain only one and only one internal version (not multiversions) of Ultimate, Professional or Home Premium x64 with SP1 included.
    Both systems, Windows 10 and 7, must be installed on the same SSD. Installing one on the SSD and the other on the HDD will cause boot failure.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!