RAM slots in Aspire ES1 522

Sameer009
Sameer009 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey
I am kinda new here, and I have an average es1 522 with 4gb ram. I want to upgrade the ram to 8gb, but I don't know how many ram slots are in there. So I am not sure whether to buy a 4GB ram so that I can add up with previous one or to buy a single 8gb ram because of single ram slot. 

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,850 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Two DDR3L slots which probably have 2x2GB DDR3L modules now. You can put 8GB max preferrably with 2x4GB DDR3L modules. Go to crucial dot com and see specs on the upgrades available.  However, the biggest bang for the money will come from swapping out the HDD  for an SSD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    You must first check to see if you have a 2x2GB or 1x4GB setup in there already. I have no way of knowing how your machine was set up at the factory. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Two DDR3L slots which probably have 2x2GB DDR3L modules now. You can put 8GB max preferrably with 2x4GB DDR3L modules. Go to crucial dot com and see specs on the upgrades available.  However, the biggest bang for the money will come from swapping out the HDD  for an SSD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sameer009
    Sameer009 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Thank you JackE,  now I can buy a 4gb ram because I think it has a single 4gb ram in it. But you sure it has two RAM slots. 
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    You must first check to see if you have a 2x2GB or 1x4GB setup in there already. I have no way of knowing how your machine was set up at the factory. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ