Removing the Battery G3-571

endue
endue Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi. is it alright to use my laptop even if i remove the battery? I have the G3-571. I've removed the battery because i currently having a problem with it. it recharge and discharge constantly when i'm using a program that utilizes the GPU.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Removing the battery might work and might not work. The charger is unable to provide enough power to the laptop, when it is under full load, so it has to draw power from the battery as well. Removing the battery may either cause the laptop to turn off when it requires more power than the charger can provide or it won't turn off, because the charger will provide the power it needs, but it will heat up more, as it is not designed to provide more power, than what it is rated at.
    Whichever the case, I wouldn't advice removing the battery.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• endue
    endue Member Posts: 2 New User
    ven98 said:
    Removing the battery might work and might not work. The charger is unable to provide enough power to the laptop, when it is under full load, so it has to draw power from the battery as well. Removing the battery may either cause the laptop to turn off when it requires more power than the charger can provide or it won't turn off, because the charger will provide the power it needs, but it will heat up more, as it is not designed to provide more power, than what it is rated at.
    Whichever the case, I wouldn't advice removing the battery.
    Thanks. I still couldn't figure out why my device keeps discharging and charging when opening a program that uses the GPU. 
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Usually the device stops charging at 100% and keeps charging again after the charge drops to 95%. The reason why it discharges while the GPU is under heavy use is because the charger can't keep up, as I already mentioned.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!