Reinstall a new version of windows

Stephen9999
Stephen9999 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
I have an Acer aspire ES1-132 with the bios in the version 1.19 (last version on Acer website), I would like to install a new version of windows 7 with an USB stick.
I put the USB key in first boot option (and hdd0 in last option) but it's impossible to boot on it. I also try to disable and enable the secure boot. I also enable the f12 option for the boot option.
I prepare windows 7 with windows to usb and I am at 100% sure about the USB stick. I try with 2 different usb to be sure.
Could you help me please I don't have other idea ?
I am it engineer so normally I don't have some stupid problems like that.
Thanks
Stephen

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You have to set the BIOS mode from UEFI to legacy and make sure that the USB stick formatted/set for MBR.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Stephen9999
    Stephen9999 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I know about uefi and legacy but the bios is really poor, impossible to change it, i only find secured bios and I think it's that.
    For the mbr, I never have any problems for booting after the formatting with the tools of Microsoft.