Is customizable 2019 Acer Aspire All-in-One on Amazon different than cheaper model?

Options
nbeth
nbeth Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I"m looking at on the following AoI Aspire on Amazon: 
It is customizable, and I want to customize it for HDD and SSD.  But the price on Amazon even BEFORE customization is $729, compared to $599  for what looks like the same model:
Are they the same or how are they different? (other than Amazon's not providing the ability to customize the cheaper version).
If they are the same, and I get the cheaper version is it easy to add SSD myself after I buy it?
Note there are 0 reviews for the more expensive version. Maybe it is newer?  (I know some of this depends on Amazon not you)

Will I be paying more than $200  just to have the CHANCE to customize?

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Just as it is marketed by other companies, the Acer equipment, each one has autonomy to carry out these upgrades or not.
    It all depends on the partnership between Acer, distributor and the company that will perform the upgrades.

As I told you, nothing prevents you from upgrading when you have technical knowledge.
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Options
    Good night nbeth !

Both models have support for an SSD M.2 2280 Sata 3

Both have different configuration options.
    It will depend on your needs.

Anyway know that it is a bit difficult to install / replace the HDD because the machine requires that the rear part be dismantled and removed.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• nbeth
    nbeth Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    The only question I have is one maybe you can't answer - why doesn't Amazon let you customize the cheaper version if it is supported?  (And i suppose it is just as hard to add a new SSD as it is for a new HDD - but I see from customer comments that some have done it)

Thank you for your help!
  • MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Just as it is marketed by other companies, the Acer equipment, each one has autonomy to carry out these upgrades or not.
    It all depends on the partnership between Acer, distributor and the company that will perform the upgrades.

As I told you, nothing prevents you from upgrading when you have technical knowledge.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™