Aspire TC-885 PWM Case Fan

Options
Jarrod
Jarrod Member Posts: 2 New User
Has anyone had success installing a PWM case fan? I purchased the Noctua NF-B9 redux-1600 PWM case fan from Amazon and it doesn't show up in BIOS (R01-B3). I read in another post that someone couldn't get a Noctua PWM fan to work in theirs and another post about the ARCTIC F9 PWM not working either. 

The only one I read about working is the Cooler Master Blade Master 92: http://amzn.com/B0034AFDL4

Anyone have success with other PWM case fans for the Aspire TC-885 desktop? If so, can you tell me which one? Thanks.

Answers

• thebreeze
    thebreeze Member Posts: 44 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    I purchased a Noctua NF-A9 PWM, 4-Pin Premium Cooling Fan (92mm, Brown) for my TC885. It should be here tomorrow. I will let you know how it works out after I install it.

• Jarrod
    Jarrod Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Nice. I hope that fan works. I ended up getting the fan at the link in my original post. There's a refurbished one at that link for $7.99. The seller is SpaceBound. Looks and works perfectly in my rig! 
  • MetaX
    MetaX Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    thebreeze said:
    I purchased a Noctua NF-A9 PWM, 4-Pin Premium Cooling Fan (92mm, Brown) for my TC885. It should be here tomorrow. I will let you know how it works out after I install it.

Just received the same fan (Noctua NF-A9 PWM ) from Amazon and I haven't been able to get it to work. It runs at start up but then stops. It isn't recognised by the bios or SpeedFan, etc. I'll try the Cooler Master next unless anyone knows how to get the Noctua fan working.
  • MetaX
    MetaX Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    thebreeze said:

I checked the Noctua site and found my exact problem ( fan starts on boot up then stops ) and apparently the motherboard sys fan is not for PWM fans ( that's why the CoolerMaster works, it's voltage control, not pwm ). You can use the Noctua if you disable smart fan in bios; the fan then runs constantly.
  • jnelly
    jnelly Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have bought both a Noctua, and the CoolerMaster fan mentioned at the link above, they both seem to behave the same for me. Spin for 10-15 seconds at bootup then stop.  Anyone have reliable info on how to address this?  Speedfan doesn't recognize my Sysfan
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tested the ARGOS MONITOR program?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    Remember that the fan only starts running when the CPU temperature gets up high enough to need it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Linkshin
    Linkshin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I went to BIOS and thought about turn the SMART off but I didn't end up doing so. So I'm not sure if disable smart fan will work.

But, I had noctua fan comes with Y connection and used the 4 pin of the cpu now thinking add another Y connection on top of it to make another fan work and I'm not sure if it would cause problems