My Aspire A715-71G often doesn't recognize my HDD

Lekhanh7
Lekhanh7 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have bought this laptop since last year with a WD Green SATA SSD M.2 2280 as a extra, and the laptop itself was freedos so i had to install OS for it but i wondering if i was doing it right, cuz my HDD often doesn't recognized by the system and it was only SSD appear in File Explorer. It've still appear sometime and i could store a lot of game, document, .... in it, but somtimes it was like disable from the laptop, even in Disk management wouldn't display it either.

I have brought it to A warranties center of the store where i bought it. But after they gave it back to me it doesn't change anything my HDD still have the same problem. Can someone help me with it. 
(Sorry of my bad at English )

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,305 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019
    Are hd and ssd recognized in the information of bios? Both are converted to gpt, so they work in uefi mode?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Lekhanh7

Tinkerer

Both HDD and SSD was recognized but Sometimes my HDD was like disable, couldnt see it in File Explore and Disk management like the picture i posted
  • Have you disabled fast start up in power options? Have you tried disconnecting the hd and then connecting it again?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Lekhanh7

Tinkerer

i tried to disable fast start up and restart but nothing change and i couldn't disconnect HDD cuz it didn't appear on BIOS boot menu.
  • Have you tried disconnecting the hd here?

Be careful not to damage the SATA cable! Is your notebook still under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Lekhanh7

Tinkerer

I cant do it right now still having warranties :( But the last time i brought it to the warranties center they have remove the HDD and plug-in another computer and it didn't recognize my HDD neither.
  • Do you have how to test your hd on another notebook or desktop?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Lekhanh7

Tinkerer

They have asked me to go back again but part of my studing at school so i can't away form my laptop so long and part of i dont think they would do the better job than the last time.
  • Lekhanh7

Tinkerer

For now, I can't test my HDD on other devices, but the last warranties i was standing next to the employee all the time watching him disconnected my HDD and used a convert cable to plug-in another laptop and that laptop wasn't recognize the HDD either.
  • OK! I'll ask you again if hd is recognized in this bios section:

To enter the BIOS, restart the notebook and press the f2 key before the Acer logo!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Lekhanh7

Tinkerer

No, it isn't
  • Sometimes the hd is recognized again when you disconnect the hd from the sata cable and then plug it in again!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Lekhanh7

Tinkerer

Yes, it is but it's not the best solution, i mean does it any way to make this situation not happen again ? I have brought my laptop to warranties center once and they told me that they had replaced my HDD with another HDD but by the time this problem still happen again.
  • There is also the possibility of being a problem with the SATA cable or with the controller! Ideally you should take another hd to test on your notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Lekhanh7

Tinkerer

I've guessed there is a problem with my SATA cable too since the last HDD replacement. When i start up my laptop, before it get into opeing sceen of window there was a console notification said that It couldn't found my HDD and check my cable but the warranties center deny that ability.
  • In this case, I would still try to test the notebook with another hd! However, since your notebook is still under warranty, I insist that you contact technical support and ask them to verify the cable sata and hd! This is a hardware problem! Now, I checked that you also have a ssd installed, correct? Have you tried disconnecting ssd and leaving only ssd connected?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Lekhanh7

Tinkerer

Yes, but i can't disconnecting SSD cuz my OS on it
  • OK! This is really a problem on the hd, on the controller or on the sata cable! Now, in the advanced option, there are some options for the sata port! Can you send some photos of these settings? Are satas ports active?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Lekhanh7

Tinkerer

I have been waiting for it to reconnect again whole day but it doesn't
  • Lekhanh7

Tinkerer

I would comment back those picture as soon as possible when it reconnected again, thanks