how and its possible to go back from windows 10 pro to linux in the predator PH317-52?

Options
ElBalax
ElBalax Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
this was his stock linux "acer linux v2.00.3005 (linpus linux livecd edtition v9.3 b170206)

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    If you have not deleted the Acer recovery partition, you can try reinstalling the operating system by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ElBalax
    Options
    im presing alt+f10 and nothing hapen (i dont know if i deleted acer revovery partition)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Enter the bios by pressing the f2 key and activate the d2drecovery function! Then press save when exiting and press alt + f10 again! If it does not look something like this:
    Then the Acer recovery partition was deleted! Did your notebook come installed with linux when you bought it?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ElBalax
    Options
    it was already enabled. still not working when i press alt +f10

• ElBalax
    Options
    nothing happens when i press alt+f10
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Did your notebook come with Linux when you buy the notebook? Have you downloaded an iso x64 from linux and converted the pendrive to gpt?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ElBalax
    Options
    yes, it came with linux
    Have you downloaded an iso x64 from linux and converted the pendrive to gpt ? i dont know, was my friend who installed windows

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! On another computer, open cmd as an administrator and enter these commands:

Then an x64 iso of Linux;
    Go to the bios, create a password in setsupervisorpasword and then disable the secureboot. Put the pendrive first in the boot section and then press f10 to save on exiting!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ElBalax
    Options
    in those steps you trying to explain me how to install linux? sorry,im not good with computers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes, I'm teaching you how to install linux!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ElBalax
    Options
    i want to install linux because i want to return my laptop but i can't return it because i installed windows 10 pro
    so... can you tell me from where i can download this version of linux "acer linux v2.00.3005 (linpus linux livecd edtition v9.3 b170206)"?
    also can you tell if i will be able to return it and get my money back if i install linux

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @egydiocoelho double thread and already replied there and i state to what i said in my reply if u dunno what you are doing dont touch it (seems the op deleted the acer recovery when intalling windows 10 and its a breach of warranty if he returns it to acer for warranty because its not as factory so no help from me on this one and i doubt anyone here can help ) as i said in the other reply if u are planning to invent/change/whatever always clone you hdd/ssd first to have a complete backup if you mess up so don't see the point on keep going on this one as i said im out

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/562987/how-and-its-possible-to-go-back-from-windows-10-to-linux-in-the-predator-ph317-52#latest

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Why do you want to return the notebook? Did the notebook have any problems? Have you asked if the store accepts the return? At least here in Brazil, the user can return the notebook to the store, within a period of seven days if the user regrets the purchase! Now, I do not know how it works in Romania!
    However, if you are planning to return it to Acer for being under warranty, I believe that is not possible! The warranty only solves the problems that appear on the notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer