SF314-54-54VT - Static noise problem

Gianni00
Gianni00 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I purchased a swift 3 last weekend. I can hear a static/electrical noise from the right corner/f. It sounds like its coming from the fan area. Is this normal? It's really really frustrating. 

Answers

• What is the exact model of your notebook? Example an515-51-75kz! Does this noise only happen when the notebook is connected to the power adapter?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Gianni00

Tinkerer

Model number: N17W7..... SF314-54-54VT 
    It makes the static noice all the time
  • Are you plugging the notebook into an electrical outlet (do not know the term in the United States) with grounding? Have you tried trying to reset the battery so?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfhgnxUJoZo
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Gianni00

Tinkerer

When i charge it yes. If the notebook is on it makes that noise, charging or not. The thing is that i just got it from the store & don't  want to void the warranty. I was just wondering if it's a normal thing acer computers do.
  • Resetting the battery does not void the warranty! You can reset! The only noise that is normal in notebooks, are referring to the rotation of the fans and the sound box! Noise from static noise is not normal! It would be interesting if you could record an audio or video! I would like to know if you are connecting the notebook directly to a grounded electrical outlet!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gianni00

Tinkerer

I charge it directly from the wall outlet. I'll try to record the sound tonight when there's no sound to interfere.
  • Gianni00

Tinkerer

I couldn't record it. I tried recording it with my tablet but can't hear the noise in the recording. 
  • OK! Have you tried resetting the battery to see if the problem remains?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gianni00

Tinkerer

I did reset the battery & the problem remains. In fact this is my 2nd acer swift 3, same model, i purchased it saturday night, it made the static noise. I went wednesday to the store because of the noise & they gave me a new one & this one makes it too. That's why i was wondering if its normal
  • OK! What version of bios is installed? Have you tried to contact the store to try to exchange for a similar model from another brand? Are you sure the noise comes from the fans and not from the speakers?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gianni00

Tinkerer

How do i check that? The noise doesn't come from the speaker area. I'll post a pic & point to where i hear the noise coming from. I think they would exchange it
  • Gianni00

Tinkerer

The noise is coming from where my finger is pointing 
  • This is the inside of the notebook:

Make sure these screws are pressed correctly:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gianni00

Tinkerer

They are. 
  • Is it a noise similar to this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vq7XwQG580

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gianni00

Tinkerer

Yes, it's similar to that 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019
    What I'm going to say here is just a hypothesis, but it's possible that the tape is playing on the fan and causing this noise! But it can also be a problem with the fans!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gianni00

Tinkerer

I see, do you think it's best to exchange it for another brand? 
  • I would try to trade for another identical model, but would test the notebook still inside the store to see if the problem remains! If the problem is manifested in the other model, I would trade for another brand! It's just my personal opinion!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gianni00

Tinkerer

So i found this video
    https://youtu.be/vr-DsX5oF-k
    I did every step, when i got to BIOS to disable the fan, because it's always on, the noise went away & could only hear the fan. I couldn't see an option to disable the fan, exited out & the noise came back.
    How do i disable the fan to not run all the time? 
    Those this give you any idea of what it is?