Acer Aspire VX15 - problem with screen

TwistedMind
TwistedMind Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
since a few weeks I keep having problems with screen.
Please see link on YT, where you can see it recorded. To fix it I need to quit webbrowser, and as they are hardware accellerated, I think in might be Intel HD 630 issue (or screen itself).
Laptop Acer Aspire VX 15 591G
i5 7300HQ, 16 GB RAM, SSD + HDD, Intel HD 630 + GTX 1050
Below please see how the screen works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZS3K2MXaIc

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,850 Trailblazer
    Jaka jest twoja przeglądarka? Czy dzieje się to tylko z tą przeglądarką? Jack E/NJ

What is your browser and browser version number? Does it only happen  with this browser? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TwistedMind

Tinkerer

Dear JackE,
    In fact it happens on both Chrome and Firefix in ther latest versions. I am afraid it might be caused by overhetaing, but in fact it does not happen while gaming or watching Netflix on fullscreen.
  • JackE
    Does the same thing happen on an HDMIed TV screen with the browsers? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TwistedMind

Tinkerer

In fact I don't have a TV  at all :D I will have option to heck it on weekend, so we will see. In the meantime I checked PU temp - on load they exceed 90 degrees. Can this be a reason? I removed dust, but it doesn't seem to help.
  • JackE
    No. Anything below about 94*C is normal under heavy load for that machine. And it's probably using the nvidia under load not the Intel.  If the TV exhibits similar behavior to the lid LCD under light browser loads, then you might be correct on the integrated CPU/GPU chip. You could try to re-install the driver from the ACER download site in case it's corrupted https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7094?b=1  . Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TwistedMind

Tinkerer

I didn't check HDMI yet, but the problem also occurs when I switched browser to use nVidia.
    So it is not GPU I guess.
  • JackE
    Are you sure that the nvidia was running? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TwistedMind

Tinkerer

Yes, I am sure about this. I also plugged my laptop via HDMI to TV - for 2 hours problem didn't occured, but I think it proves nothing, too short test.
    I wonder if it may be some heating or RAM problem. I wish to solve this, besides that this is a very decent machine. If this is problem with GPU, it migh be just impossible to repair :(
  • JackE
    If it happens on BOTH the TV screen and the lid LCD screen, then yes it's a deeper problem. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ