CB5-132T suddenly started to take a long time to wake

Mike3000
Mike3000 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Until about a week ago I could flip the CB5-132T chromebook open when it was asleep and it would be ready to go in a second.  If it was open and had gone to sleep I could tap a key and it would be ready to go in a second.

About a week ago, I thought it was broken because it took about 15 seconds to wake.  Restarting it did not help.  Powerwashing it did not help.  This problem did not start just after an update, it just started randomly.

Anyone else have this issue?  Anyone have any ideas?

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    @Mike3000

This issue could happen if the local drive is nearing to be full. I would recommend you to clear/move temporary or local files (Offline files). Also, go to settings > Scroll the page down then Click on advanced > Scroll the page down and click on restore settings to defaults ( this would clear unnecessary cache ). 

Doing the above steps should bring back the regular boot time.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Mike3000
    Mike3000 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi Rudy,

I appreciate your idea.  Unfortunately, it doesn't look applicable.  After the powerwashing there is only 3.8GB out of 20.6GB in use.

Perhaps you read my original note too quickly?  You mention getting back to normal boot time.  My issue is the wake up time (close lid, come back later, open lid) is more than 15 seconds which is actually 2x longer than the boot time.

If you have any other ideas, they will be most welcome.

Thanks!